Auto Fill Issue - please help!

poolcurious7

Bronze Supporter
Sep 20, 2018
Florida
Hi.
My pool is now ready and when I turn on any faucet in my bathroom there is a loud water hammer type noise.
My paralevel paramount auto fill is connected to the exterior water spiget right outside the bathroom. I noticed that when the water is turned on in the bathroom their is an overflow of water that escapes from the connection of the water spiget to the auto fill piping and then is when the loud noise is produced.
Has anyone ever heard of this?
What is the solution?

Attachments

• 054D4C28-CA11-4C82-B01C-18229F8D9FFB.jpeg
    054D4C28-CA11-4C82-B01C-18229F8D9FFB.jpeg
    494.2 KB · Views: 26
Merged threads. Marty - TFP Mod

Hi.
I have auto fill and when I turn on any faucet in my bathroom there is a loud water hammer type noise.
My paralevel paramount auto fill is connected to the exterior water spiget right outside the bathroom. I noticed that when the water is turned on in the bathroom their is an overflow of water that escapes from the connection of the water spiget to the auto fill piping and then is when the loud noise is produced.
Has anyone ever heard of this?
What is the solution?

Attachments

• IMG_0784.jpg
    IMG_0784.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. It seems like the water is escaping through the anti-siphon valve. And that's where the pressure is building up perhaps and causing the pipes to vibrate?

What is the normal installation of auto fill when it's connected to the hose Bibb?

Thank you. It seems like the water is escaping through the anti-siphon valve. And that's where the pressure is building up perhaps and causing the pipes to vibrate?

What is the normal installation of auto fill when it's connected to the hose Bibb?
Water hammer can be a considerable spike in pressure. It wouldn't surprise me if it pushed past a spring-loaded valve. It makes enough noise!

Normal installation? No clue. I drop my garden hose in and fill my pool manually.

Hi,
If you look in my sig, you'll see in red text that by autofill is disabled. My set up was exactly like yours except I hard plumbed my PVC directly to the Y on the spigot.

I had the same thing happen and no matter what I did, I couldn't solve the water hammer. I researched all over the internet and every place I found said the solution is to to install a shock arrester, and that wasnt gonna happen.

Well I found it not so much trouble to just turn on the water hose to fill my pool back up when needed, and thats only once a week and takes maybe 30 minutes. I set the timer on my oven in the kitchen to remind me I need to turn it off. Water hammer solved.

As an alternative to connecting it to your spigot, if you have a lawn irrigation system, you can dig over and re-route teh autofill to the main line going to one of your zones. Many people here on the forum have done that.

Maybe if someone else on the forum has a solution, he will chime in. But if that person exists here, don't know who he is..

Try installing a back-flow preventer on the spigot. Most hard lined autofills have it right in the plumbing setup.

This is what a normal autofill plumbing setup looks like. (At least mine does)
7DC9D47B-9879-4D6B-A7A8-EFD64F1785F2.jpeg

This is a simple screw on one you can try.
F56D661F-7B2B-4E10-99C0-2555C7F0E1CA.jpeg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.