Auto Drain? Water Level wont stay up

sgutzdorf

Jul 11, 2020
Fort Myers, Fl
Hi all! We have an auto drain feature on our pool. Our only issue is that we need to set the water level higher because the auto drain makes it too low. Is there a way to raise the level? We fill it up and then within a few hours its auto drained back down to the same level that isnt even half of the skimmer. HELP PLEASE

Do you have a screen type grate on the tile line that water goes through to overflow?

If so what I did was take it off and put a piece of plastic behind it to cover up the first 3/4 of it's height ( that is what I needed to maintain water level where I wanted it).

Do you have a screen type grate on the tile line that water goes through to overflow?

If so what I did was take it off and put a piece of plastic behind it to cover up the first 3/4 of it's height ( that is what I needed to maintain water level where I wanted it).
I dont think we have a grate, We know where the pipe is for the overflow but we just cant figure out how to make sure it has the correct amount of water. We do have some random "holes" with covers on them.

Pictures will help someone give you an answer. Are the "random" holes the skimmer and autofill? If you have a vertical PVC pipe as the over flow, then you would have to raise it by adding a coupler and extra pipe or unscrewing the pipe and adding a longer one from parts from the hardware store. I would say lets see some pictures so you can get a good plan of action and help. The experts would need to see what you are working with.

Edited reply.

Last edited:
Pictures will help someone give you an answer. Are the "random" holes the skimmer and autofill? If you have a vertical PVC pipe as the over flow, then you would have to raise it by adding a coupler and extra pipe. You may have to cut that pipe shorter though to get the coupler and extension to fit. Maybe someone has a good trick for that? I would say lets see some pictures so you can get a good plan of action and help. The experts would need to see what you are working with.
We do have a vertical pipe! I'm at work and cant take photos, but that actually sounds like a really good solution.

See if you can unscrew the pipe. It is probably glued to a fitting that can be unscrewed. You can find the part in the irrigation section of a home store. Buy pvc pipe to fit it and pvc glue to glue it into the screw in piece. You can screw it back in and mark the pipe with the level you want. Pull it back out and cut it.

Edited for my horrible typing.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.