Australian dust and ash - a photo of the Crud falling in the pool

Jan 23, 2018
Canberra ACT
Well actually a photo of what fell onto the nice white unicorn floaty thing today.

i walked past the Unicorn float ring this afternoon after a dip in the pool and noticed how water spotted it was, looked a little closer and thought it was a good example of the Crud that has been falling into pools this summer.

We had a very brief rain shower that failed to even dampen the concrete but the dust etc that fell with it would also have fallen in the pool, you can get a full size photo by clicking through to Flickr.
030692-P2020699 by Phil Gartner, on Flickr

I hope this helps in understanding that the brown stuff on the bottom of the pool may just be dust
Cheers
Phil

• Wow
Reactions: Pv2
That is some crazy stuff Phil. There's not a person in the US who hasn't seen all the media coverage about the brush fires and such. Horrible stuff over there, and fallout from the sky isn't surprising. I hope the country and wildlife are able to rebound soon.

Reactions: AusPhil
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.