Attach AG ladder outside of recessed Doughboy

Vic C

Mar 23, 2022
Northern CA
Hello. First time pool owner, here. We will be having a 16 x 28 ft Doughboy pool with expandable liner sunk into our backyard soon. We think we want a "sports pool", 3 1/2 ft of water on one end, 4ft of water opposite and a 7ft deep center. PB said it will have to remain above ground by 12 inches or so to prevent unwanted water flowing into pool. Seems reasonable. We have wedding cake steps to enter and exit pool at the shallowest end. We would like to use the ladder that came with kit to exit the center of pool, however there is no deck. What we do have is a 3 ft 10 inch long, 2 ft wide, 3 inch thick, 293 pound concrete block laying around. Safe to place ladder in pool with other end attached to block somehow and leave up against pool side? Any and all advice is appreciated.

Hi and welcome to TFP!

My biggest worry is how to safely attach the ladder to the block so there is NO way for it to try to pull the block into the pool walls or even into the pool. I can just see some people horsing around on the ladder two at a time and boom OUCH

My straight up and down ladder did not touch the bottom of the pool. It was secured on the deck and the bottom end did lean against the side of the pool so that part is nothing to worry about.

You can do anything you want But I am not sure it will work or if you should do it.. I would build a small deck if the ladder is designed to be attached to a deck..

If you will already have 2 ladders in the pool there is no real reason to have another ladder, most pools only have 1 ladder... :)

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.