At least 1 pool company (kinda) gets it.

Cwiggs

Gold Supporter
Aug 31, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
I randomly stumbled across a pool company in CA's website: Chlorine tablets are terrible for your pool and (California) if they are the sole source of chlorine • Mike the Poolman

Read that blog post and thought "hey, this guy actually gets it". Basically they just talk about how you shouldn't use trichlor tabs all year around, and even to be wary if a pool company is putting trichlor in your pool in the winter.

Pretty interesting to me especially because sometimes I wonder if it'd be possible to use less trichlor and still run a successful pool business? I know in AZ at least, our brutal summers require you to use a ton of chlorine in the summer.

I read more of the blog and they then mentioned they keep the FC in their pools at no less than 1ppm O_O. So I suppose they kinda get it.

Reactions: HermanTX
I have often wondered about starting a high end pool company (its an intellectual exercise, I am pretty sure it would make me crazy). In Florida it’s probably not practical as they are fairly inexpensive at around $30 a visit. Although most charge extra to add CYA.

The deal would be I would only take on SWG pools. I would have a fleet of S200. Show up. Do a full set of tests. Adjust pH and FC as necessary. Adjust SWG. Throw in the S200 to clean the pool. Empty the skimmers. Once a month clean the filters. I suppose you could do 10 pools a day if they were in close proximity. Charge $40 per visit.

Charge extra for CYA additions. Water is pretty hard in Florida so I dont think you would ever have to add CH. Charge extra for post hurricane clean up.

Now let me go back to dreaming about talking some of those recycled plastic lumber folks to build the plantation style chairs I want.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.