Asking for a Friend

Bobby Buttercup

Jun 29, 2019
Canada
So my friend's pool has been having bad water. She has been to the pool shop and they gave her an analysis and suggested products. Attached are pictures of her water SINCE performing the treatment 18 hours ago, as well as the pool shop's analysis and a picture of her pump and filter. She is going to backwash it again tonight. It is a 24 foot above ground pool. Any suggestions. Thanks!109445109446109447109448

I don't know what any of those products that she added really are. Do you have ingredients?

Clearly it would be best for them to stay out of the pool store and to test their own water ... and join TFP so you are not the middleman ;)

Well that is a sign of a bad pool store if they are not even checking the CYA which is required to know the proper FC levels to maintain. Although most of the pool industry still has their head in the sand ... since 1973 when the relationship was documented.

I assume you meant clarifier?
We don't recommend the use of those because they can cause problems in the water :mrgreen:

Really they just need to follow the SLAM Process which required one of the recommended test kits (Test Kits Compared). Up there, you can only get the K-2006 unless you can hope across the border.

Reactions: Bobby Buttercup
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.