Asked PB to Install SWG - Check on plaster?

Sotex

Gold Supporter
May 11, 2020
San Antonio, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
PB was by to check on the pool for a few minor things to wrap up the final billing. I asked about installing an SWG and he said he would want to talk to the plaster company to make sure it was compatible (???). I simply replied, "I'm sure it's fine".

After doing some research, it must be just from the "other side" of the SWG "debate". Am I missing something?

Texas PBs just seem to be against SWGs. They work as well by you as they do anywhere else in the world. It is a rare occasion that you will find somebody who wants to leave SWG once they have it.

Reactions: Sotex
So,

Not sure how old your pool is, but you normally don't add salt for about 30 days..

The main reason that some Texas pool builders do not want to add a SWCG is that they claim that it "eats" the coping and decking. In our minds the problem is not the saltwater, but poor choice of stone used in the South Texas area. I've never heard of it being a problem with the plaster.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: Sotex
So,

Not sure how old your pool is, but you normally don't add salt for about 30 days..

The main reason that some Texas pool builders do not want to add a SWCG is that they claim that it "eats" the coping and decking. In our minds the problem is not the saltwater, but poor choice of stone used in the South Texas area. I've never heard of it being a problem with the plaster.

Thanks,

Jim R.

We started swimming in it 6/1/2020, so it's new but older than 30 days. Financially, we are waiting a while anyway. I just thought it was odd so started researching. Thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.