NW Arkansas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Thanks to this forum I discovered the AA treatment years ago and have done so a few times successfully over the years. Latest situation, after the Houston freeze the obvious problem was a cracked and leaking salt cell. That was checked and replaced. I was out of town and returned home and discovered the newish heater had a fault.

My pool equipment company, the owner always comes to my house, is coming today and will make it right, that I am sure of.

I want to do an AA treatment before water and air temperatures heat up. I am usually in the pool the last 2 weeks of March. I want to be able to turn the heater on and make sure it works. I usually have to let the chlorine drift down and lower the PH. Since the chlorine is down can I do AA treatment now. Pool looks good, clear sparkly water, but I know I have to get the chlorine up either today or tomorrow at the very latest.

Plan is to lower the PH, do the AA treatment, add sequestrate, and then boost the chlorine with bleach. I will try to use the smallest amount of AA, and I am home so I can check my chlorine many times to gradually bring it up. Can I proceed or should I wait until the cell has flow and the heater fixed.

Chris

FC 0
Ph 8.2
TA 70
CH 320
CYA 0
Salt 2000
Borate 0
Temp 71
CSI 4.4

You might want to wait until the maintenance is completed so that water circulation isn't interrupted unless you have a way to bypass the filter and SWG. I'd add the sequestrant now though. The link below should keep you on track. Don't forget to get some stabilizer in there soon as well.

You might want to wait until the maintenance is completed so that water circulation isn't interrupted unless you have a way to bypass the filter and SWG. I'd add the sequestrant now though. The link below should keep you on track. Don't forget to get some stabilizer in there soon as well.

Thanks, Heater is now fixed, cell is functioning correctly. Starting in the morning.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.