Armed with a kit now just need some knowledge

Hahaha! Keep up the fight. I hope these periods of low FC aren't going to cause an issue. If YOU are concerned, try an OCLT: Pool School - Perform the Overnight FC Loss Test (OCLT) You need to have the SWG off for the test...

Yeah I've been concerned that something is going on. I want to do a OCLT but getting up before day break isn't exactly on the top of my list lol. I'm going to run it again around 2 am. Shooting for about 6hrs since the last test (which was dark). It was 8 then I'm expecting 6 given the way this pool is behaving. SWG only runs from 2pm to 6pm now, I bumped the run cycle up an hour (from 3hrs to 4hrs) yesterday.

Any updates?

Sorry about that. Yeah checked it at 230am and it was down to 7.5. So it lost .5 in 6 hrs.

Here are the numbers from yesterday. Full test after SWG cycle

PH 7.5
FC 7.5
CC .5 I mean barely. Was clear but one drop made it really clear so......
CH 50
TA 80
CYA 70

Today after SWG cycle
FC 6.5

I think I'm going to change when the cycles hit this weekend. My intex equipment only has 24hr count down timers and not clock timers so I need to do it when they will cut back on at the right times. Going to set them for more mid day while still in full sun. Right now they are finishing up in the shade given the way the days are starting to get shorter. Hoping running in full sunlight will help off set some of my loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I want to extend a thank you to all that have helped me start and keep my pool in proper order. We just had a true test of how awesome the TFP way is. My pool just sat for more that 48 hours with no circulation and over 18" of rain water added due to Tropical Storm Hermine.

We were at the hospital welcoming our son into the world this weekend when the storm hit. I was able to come home twice once to pump out 8" of water and clear the deck off and then again to pump another 8" of water out. Pool over flowed quite a bit from what I could tell in between and after my trips home. I unplugged the SWG and pump on the first trip. Got back late yesterday and did a FC test. FC was 3. The only way that was feasible was because of the TFP way and a lot of cloudy skies. Given all the new water I know the numbers will be off some, specially the CYA, but the fact there is nothing but leaves and debris is a true testament to the TFP way. I plan on running a full test tomorrow to see how off everything else is and a salt test. I'll post results then.

Thank you again

Super B

Awesome post. Welcome baby boy B. A SUPER B!!!

Would love a baby pic...

b9f7e539bc452695d80216e44c5c8efa.jpg

Our new little man!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Ran the numbers today. Water temp is 72 (was 68 when we got home)[emoji45][emoji45][emoji45][emoji45] solar mats are pumping some seriously warm water but with out a cover I think it's all for not. Here's how the pool faired. SWG has run twice now (not sure if it's running full tilt tho, not getting the cloudy water out of the return as once was)

PH 7.5
FC 6
CC .5
CH 50
TA 60
CYA 60 not bad for all water that was pumped out and extra water added
Salt is down to 2400 tho

I might try and get a cover here this week. Would love to get it up to at least 76 for a few more swims this year.

Congrats on the new addition! We added a little girl to our brood a month ago and it makes getting to the pool less likely but make sure to keep up on the FC! You don't want to get time to get in the pool and not be able to because it's turned into a green monster!

Congrats on the new addition! We added a little girl to our brood a month ago and it makes getting to the pool less likely but make sure to keep up on the FC! You don't want to get time to get in the pool and not be able to because it's turned into a green monster!

Thank you and Congratulations to you to! Yeah I tend to keep a close eye on the FC it's been running 3-6.5. I prefer 4-8. I think I'm fighting a possible algae bloom. Just ordered a solar cover today should be here Thursday. Solar mats have gotten the water temp back up to 74. I'll keep everyone posted for sure. Today was 6.5 after the SWG cycle. Need to do one in the am to see what is happening overnight. Hoping to do that in the morning but will see.

Are you talking about an OCLT? If so, not a bad idea.

Ehhh somewhat lol. Will see how early I get up [emoji51]

Planning on running a FC test again here in a few hours. Was 6 last night and I put 12oz of 10% in. Should have gotten me up to at least 8 (historically speaking) but when I checked it this afternoon after the SWG cycle I was back down to 6.5. Full sun but not full summer time sun [emoji22]

Little update. FC was 4.5 at noon today after about 5hrs of sun. After SWG reading about 30mins ago was 7 (about 4hrs after cycle).

Good note is the solar mats have gotten pool up to 76 with all the sunlight we've gotten. Solar blanket should be here tomorrow. Time to swim again!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.