Also, early reports are that the battery may have been downgraded to a lower charge capacity than previous generations. Given how expensive rechargeable are, my guess is they increased profit by decreasing expenses in terms of battery cost. It would be nice if current Ariel owners could access the battery compartment and compare the current battery to what was in a previous NX2 model.

I am probably willing to tear down my NX2 (although it still works) to see what the battery size is. But not willing to do that to my new toy, which arrives today. EEEEEEEEEE!!!!

ok, Matt start making fun of me now!

I am probably willing to tear down my NX2 (although it still works) to see what the battery size is. But not willing to do that to my new toy, which arrives today. EEEEEEEEEE!!!!

ok, Matt start making fun of me now!

Boy You Are Not Right Leslie Jones GIF by Saturday Night Live

As someone who is ~1,450th out of ~1,500 in line to receive this thing, I've been looking for shipping updates. Here's the company's latest update:

Ordered between 10-16-2020 and 11-21-2020 - Your order has shipped
Ordered between 11-22-2020 and 11-30-2020 - Your order will ship 6-1-2021 to 6-5-2021
Ordered between 12-01-2020 and 01-9-2021 - Your order should ship 6-6-2021 to 6-12-2021
Ordered between 01-10-2021 and 2-28-2021 - Your order should ship 6-13-2021 to 6-19-2021
Ordered between 03-01-2021 and 03-24-2021- Your order should ship 6-20-2021 to 07-05-2021
If you ordered between 3-25-2021 and today we expect your order to be shipped in July 2021.

Via their blog and this site linked in the blog post.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thanks to those who called out the battery limitation.

I wonder if anyone has insight on how long it takes to get the surface in good condition.

I cover my pool every night; but often not my spa so I was thinking about leaving it in my spa when we close the pool and then moving it over to the pool when I open it. Anyone have ideas on whether this thing could clear a 25x14 rectangular pool in a couple hours time?

So that is a difficult question to answer. The answer is maybe, but that assumes that nothing else flies into your pool. The main idea is that it runs as much as possible picking whatever drops in the pool, which at my house is a constant occurance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
they are working with a few on the Forum to figure out what is going on.. hopefully an easy fix... we will see...

The Ariel looks like an improvement on the NX2, but based upon my experience with the NX2 it would be a good idea to wait at least a year before purchasing. The first version of the NX2 had some kinks which were addressed in the second version and I'm sure this will happen with the Ariel. It seems that some problems come to light only after hundreds of pool owners with varying pool conditions, styles, configurations, etc. have these things running in "real world" conditions.

The Ariel clearly addresses some of the problems on the NX2. For instance, on both models of the NX2 that we have, the plastic has hairline cracks around the 4 corner wheel areas which are probably caused by the way the thing "slams" into the walls on a fairly consistent basis. The wheels are the first thing to hit, and sometimes it hits quite forcefully. I'm sure this is the reason that they've done the redesign without the protruding wheels and why they've incorporated sensors to avoid obstacles.

On the bright side, our initial NX2 is still working great after 5 years. We keep it in the pool 24/7 from June through September.

I WOULD NOT LIVE WITHOUT ONE OF THESE THINGS IN OUR POOL.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.