Damascus, MD
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Frequently but randomly when I click "post" I get a message that my post is too short. It is too short because the forum deleted what I wrote and I have to redo it. Arghh! It is SUPER annoying. I am on a lot of forums and this never happens on any other forum. I try to remember to copy the text before I submit just in case so I can submit again but forget much of the time.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Ha! It just happened on THIS post but I C&P'd so was ok!

It has to be at least 4 characters long. If the error occurs with more than 4 characters there is another issue. When you have a post typed out it is auto saved. Refresh the screen and look lower left just under the text box and there will be a box that says something like restore previous content. Click that and it will put your text back in the text box.

Hello,

By any chance are you using the "WYSIWYG" editor? If so can you try to switch to another editor and let me know if it goes away?
Settings > General Settings > Message Editor Interface

This is starting to become so friggin' annoying that I am not posting much anymore. This is the ONLY forum that this happens on and it happens on ALL browsers and ALL computers I have tried it on. I think that points to the forum as having some sort of issue.

I just made another long post that your forum deleted and said I posted less than 4 characters.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Have you tried making sure you are in advanced mode before you start writing the post? At least that way, if it burps, you can recover it.

hmm.. this I will try. If I remember, I C&P my post before submitting so I can do it again if it deletes it. Of course it is when I forget that it happens most often.

Hello,

By any chance are you using the "WYSIWYG" editor? If so can you try to switch to another editor and let me know if it goes away?
Settings > General Settings > Message Editor Interface

Are you using the “WYSIWYG” editor? If so, switch. It’s not fully compatible with some operating systems.

pg,

I know that if I enter a reply and then use the back arrow, or leave the page to go somewhere else, like Pool Math, when I come back the info will be gone..

Thanks to Richard I now know I can use the "Go Advanced" icon and "Restore" and it will all come back...

Jim R.

It isnt in chrome, it is in your TFP profile.

Click Settings, upper right
Click General Settings, lower left
Scroll down to Message Editor Interface:
Select Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls

PoolGate, I also use Chrome when on my computer. I experience strange things when trying to post on TFP. It could be my computer - I have no idea.

I've accidentally found that if I make sure my cursor is in the text of my post BEFORE I hit reply, then no problems. When I forget, and leave the cursor after the last character, then I get different messages. That never happens when I'm sending emails on my computer, nor do I have any issues posting on my cell. It doesn't matter where I leave my cursor after typing.

No harm trying! Good luck. That would drive me nuts! :crazy:

Suz

PoolGate, I also use Chrome when on my computer. I experience strange things when trying to post on TFP. It could be my computer - I have no idea.

I've accidentally found that if I make sure my cursor is in the text of my post BEFORE I hit reply, then no problems. When I forget, and leave the cursor after the last character, then I get different messages. That never happens when I'm sending emails on my computer, nor do I have any issues posting on my cell. It doesn't matter where I leave my cursor after typing.

No harm trying! Good luck. That would drive me nuts! :crazy:

Suz

Thanks I will try this. I did change to the other WYSIWYG editor but it made no difference it still happens. I don't want to go to the plain jane one.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.