Are wasps/hornets/bees aggravated by my pool pump?

I have been trying the soda cans with some apple juice and boric acid. Doesn't harm honeybees but will kill wasps and yellow jackets. Some parts of the country they prefer tuna (protein) vs sweet. 3 teaspoons for a half gallon of apple juice and they will drink it and die within a day or two. Usually tell the others where to go too and then it will kill them as well.

Reactions: Orion7319
With passion!!! My kryptonite!!
Seriously! I used to be more sensitive to their stings when I was younger. They used to cause me extreme pain until sometime in my mid 30s. They still hurt, but only about 1/4 as much as they used to. Not sure why that’s the case, but it’s kinda weird.

I have been trying the soda cans with some apple juice and boric acid. Doesn't harm honeybees but will kill wasps and yellow jackets. Some parts of the country they prefer tuna (protein) vs sweet. 3 teaspoons for a half gallon of apple juice and they will drink it and die within a day or two. Usually tell the others where to go too and then it will kill them as well.
With yellow jackets I really do prefer to kill them with gasoline and fire…. Can’t do it when there is a drought going on obviously or on high fire danger days. If you do it at night, when they are all in their nest asleep, they don’t have a chance to sting you.

Well, over the weekend I found two small nests in the framing around the gate to my fenced-in equipment pad. Here's a picture of one and the two sentinels waiting to strike - their appearance is consistent with my recollection from their prior attacks. I was inches from this thing every time I went back there, and I'm sure they didn't appreciate the slam clank when I closed the gate. So to those of you who insisted that I'd find it eventually - you were right!

PXL_20220807_011121795.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.