Are these issues we need to have them fix or is it normal?

Tarina104

May 16, 2021
Houston
Hey guys! Our pool and decking has finally been built! They started filling the water in yesterday but we have noticed some things that bother us. I’m not sure if these things are normal or if they need to be fixed by the pool company prior to filling (or even after full completion). I’m attaching photos as well.

1- some of the decking seems like there are gaps in between the pavers- should they be filled with some sort of caulking? It doesn’t look that nice leaving it like this. (It didn’t let me upload this file bc it said it was too large :/)

2- there is plaster on some of the water line tiles. Do they remove it or do they expect us to remove it on our own?

3- should the areas where the water line meet the plaster be cleaner looking? I have a photo of one corner but they’re all similar to this.

4- there’s a small hole in one area where the plaster meets the water line tile

5- this cover over the filter basket does not sit flush with the ground and sticks up (didn’t let me upload this one either)

I’m not sure what’s normal or if they should be doing a walk through with us. I feel like if they would do a walk through it would’ve been before filling the pool but this is our first time building so I’m asking! Thank you!!

Attachments

• 0A4B4219-0D0B-48E2-8007-548346991039.jpeg
    0A4B4219-0D0B-48E2-8007-548346991039.jpeg
    844.4 KB · Views: 115
  • 633C097E-7E18-400B-A0A3-31304F67F991.jpeg
    633C097E-7E18-400B-A0A3-31304F67F991.jpeg
    467.5 KB · Views: 115
  • A70DBFC1-2384-4FAA-88F3-F051D52AF244.jpeg
    A70DBFC1-2384-4FAA-88F3-F051D52AF244.jpeg
    535.2 KB · Views: 116
You should be talking to the PB about all of your concerns.

That hole has to be filled as you will lose water through it.

Reactions: KJB1 and Mdragger88
FWIW, I have the same issues as you and I expect the PB to clean it up...granted, I'm still waiting for that to happen and my pool was filled 7 weeks ago :LOL: I *may* try to clean the waterline tile myself but as far as adding aggregate and chipping out extra pieces like you have...the PB will have to do that...and cleaning plaster off my coping...also expecting PB to do. What plaster do you have? Looks like it will be a nice color!

FWIW, I have the same issues as you and I expect the PB to clean it up...granted, I'm still waiting for that to happen and my pool was filled 7 weeks ago :LOL: I *may* try to clean the waterline tile myself but as far as adding aggregate and chipping out extra pieces like you have...the PB will have to do that...and cleaning plaster off my coping...also expecting PB to do. What plaster do you have? Looks like it will be a nice color!
Thank you! And we spoke with the PB about everything and he said they will fix it. Hoping sooner rather than later but at least it's a ways away from summer. We won't pay final til they fix it. The plaster is wet edge kaleidoscope! Turned out nice.

Reactions: TampaKathy
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.