Are tarp & water bag covers safe?

Correct, when a person goes on it, all the water immediately goes to the person, making a seeming small amount of water quite deep. And it's also not easy for a child to stand on that since it will feel weird and soft. So it wouldn't take much for a small child to have an "issue". A cover pump, like used on a solid spring-loaded safety cover or autocover would help the situation. But clearly not the safest option even with that pump. A Little Giant pump is what I'm referring to, or something similar. Little Giant cover pump

I have a cover that looks kind of like this:
View attachment 69610

Do these hold up at all if say a child walks out on to them? I'm afraid it would swallow them up but I haven't read anything to tell me one way or another how much of a concern this is.
Its a huge concern. If you have small children, pets or both they must be supervised around a tarp/water bag closed pool. These types of covers CAN NOT be walked on.

If you want to close,the pool and not have to supervise those around the pool you need a safety cover. These are built to have the strength to support even full sized adults, heck even "oversized" adults like me. Loop Loc is what folks say is the Cadillac of safety covers, but there are others out there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.