Are Intex Motors Interchangeable?

briancartertx

Mar 11, 2021
Are Intex Motors Interchangeable?

Can you change out the motor of the Intex Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump 2018 model with the 2020 model?
The reason I ask is, I can't find the replacement motor for the 2018 model. All places I've found it listed, show "not available".
I was just thinking if the only thing that connects that motor to the rest of the assembly is the pre-filter and the hoses... even if I just bought the new motor with the new pre-filter, that would be WAY cheaper than buying the whole kit from Amazon or Intex.
Am I missing anything?

The first picture is the HP of the pump. (which oddly enough, now that I look, is different from the Intex list of .75... is that normal?)
The second picture is the model. Here is the text in case it's hard to read. Model SF60110-1

The current model I'm wondering if I can use is SF60110-2 according to the Intex site.

Not sure if I can post links here, but here is the new one, and here is the old one.

Attachments

• Pump HP.jpeg
    Pump HP.jpeg
    292.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Pump Model.jpeg
    Pump Model.jpeg
    566.2 KB · Views: 2
I don't know. They look very different to me. You can't assume anything with different versions of products imported from contract manufacturing in China.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.