Are IC40 % lights supposed to work when controlled by intellicenter?

Seagar

Mar 18, 2021
Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All -

Should the lights on the IC work when the intellicenter is controlling it? Mine don’t but I thought they should.

Should the more/less buttons on the IC work when the intellicenter is controlling it? Mine don’t but I figure that’s probably expected.

Thx!

The lights work. You cannot adjust the settings on the IC when in Auto.

Show us a picture of the cell. And what are you doing to adjust it?

I've honestly never pressed a button on my IC40 so I cant answer that part, but the lights are always on it. You can control the IC40 through the Chemistry menu of the Intellicenter.

1687225754430.png

Thanks!!

DAEBDFA2-04A4-434B-AA7B-FC24B2D04B41.png
I set the output to 40% under the chemistry section of intellicenter and waited awhile. Can’t get a good photo of the cell in the dark but only the green salt and green flow lights are on - nothing else.

I’ve never paid much attention to the IC lights but yesterday my intellicenter lost connection with my VSF pump so I’m trying to make sure it can still communicate with everything else. A hard power on/off of everything got the intellicenter talking to the VSF again but I think that’s when the lights on the IC stopped illuminating. Not to add too much info but I’ve been trying to get my FC down and had set the output to 0% in the intellicenter a couple days ago but it wasn’t dropping. I’m thinking maybe the intellicenter wasn’t able to turn down the IC then but maybe at the reset it was able to update it to 0%… and now it’s back to not being able to control it? Just guessing.

The fact that the % lights should be illuminating and they are not points to at least one problem. Not sure if it’s related to the pump disconnect or not.

If the system is in Auto mode, and you adjust the IC level in the Intellicenter, it should show up within moments at the IC. If it does not, your RS485 connection between the IC and the Intellicenter is not working.

Thanks!
I’m thinking something’s wrong with the intellicenter’s rs485 link. Will call PB to have it looked at under warranty.

Reactions: mknauss
Update: Something is wrong with my cover sensor - it thought the pool cover was closed regardless of the actual state and that's why it wasn't responding to any of my chlorine output adjustments. Changing chlorine output via the cover section of the panel resulted in the IC40 lights changing as expected. I had my cover replaced last week so this aligns time wise with when the chlorine started drifting up regardless of what I set the chemistry to.

At one point yesterday or the day before I must have changed the output of the IntelliChlor to 0 under the cover section, and that's why the lights remained off regardless of the chemistry setting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.