Aquarite with T-15 Cell reading incorrect salt level

bostonpool

May 29, 2017
Worcester, MA
Hi Folks:

I've got a 7 year old Aquarite SWG system with T-15 cell. This year I've noticed the "live" salt level indicator on the display seems to be wrong.

I'm not talking about the "average" salt display that is shown...I'm talking about the "Live" salt level when pressing the "Diagnostics" button to cycle through temperature, desired output %, etc. You can see the live salt level 4 or 5 menus deep.

For years this has always been accurate. Pretty much directly aligned to the reading I get when measuring salt with an AquaChek Salt Test Strip.

But this year is different. The Salt Test Strip is showing 3300, which is right where I want it to be. But Aquarite live display says -2800.

I usually just go by the live display and was planning on adding 80 more lbs of salt to raise it to 3200. But given the test strip results now think that could be too much.

Anyone know what may cause the cell to read the wrong level of salt? Is it dying?

OK so I'm at 85%. Not as bad as 75%, but not great either. Maybe it's time for a replacement.
Depends if you like discarding things that are perfectly good and only half used.

Having a replacement cell on hand to swap in when your current one stops generating could be wise.