May 12, 2021
Florida
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
Hey guys,

My salt system (cell is 3 years old) is continually stated 2600 - 2700 PPM of salt, whereas my Taylor kit and pool store both confirmed a 3200 PPM of salt in the pool.

My next step is going to be to try and clean the salt cell. My question is, how much build up is too much? For example, if I can see roughly 4 or 5 pea size pieces of calcium buildup, is that enough to be giving me the low salt reading? These 4 or 5 pea size calcium buildups are only on one or two blades and the rest are clear and can see all the way through. I also have a weird, aqua/green shape under the blades in the cell. I'm hesitant to just do the acid treatment, as I heard it degrades the life so want to make sure it is absolutely the right step before proceeding. I've tried hosing it out with high pressure without any luck to chip away the calcium.

Consensus to do a 4 parts water 1 part acid until the bubbling stops?

Thanks!

Circupool recommends using a wooden piece to dislodge the calcium.. I have never done an acid treatment in 8 years of owning mine...

I bought these for a school project but they work great for everything :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.