AquaRite says remote on, but it's not in remote

Michi swims

May 27, 2020
So Cal
Thank you for this forum! I have an older model AquaRite SWG. On the inside-house panel, there is a General Fault warning. On the outside wall-mounted panel, the Remote Control light is illuminated constantly, but the unit is NOT in remote control mode. I can switch to/from remote mode and perform remote functions without issue. The unit is not generating chlorine. I've searched other forums, and I can't find this error. I want to troubleshoot, but I'm not sure if it's a generator issue or panel issue. The generator is about 3 years old, but I would prefer to not buy a new one just to test if that's the problem. Any assistance is appreciated!

Welcome to TFP.

Post pics of your indoor panel and outdoor panel.

This is the basic information we need to know in diagnosing a problem:
  • Report all readings when you..
    • Move the switch from auto to off and check all of the readings.
    • Move the switch back to auto and recheck the readings.
    • Move the switch to off for a minute and then back to auto and recheck the readings.
  • What are the first seven characters of the cell and box serial numbers?
  • What is the actual salinity and how are you measuring it?

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly! I will get those numbers ASAP, but just after I posted my question, I saw another thread that stated that the thermistor is pretty much one of the only things that go bad on the board - other than a blown fuse. So I took the panel off and sure enough, the thermistor looks bad. See pics. So, should I go ahead and get a new one and solder it on before I go any further with getting those numbers?

Attachments

• FC29B40D-DFAA-4EEB-BDDF-7312D072F2C2.jpeg
    FC29B40D-DFAA-4EEB-BDDF-7312D072F2C2.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 59640DA6-B7C3-4E9F-A6B0-687CC6122743.jpeg
    59640DA6-B7C3-4E9F-A6B0-687CC6122743.jpeg
    268.4 KB · Views: 8
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.