AquaRite r1.59 Board Stuck on AL-7

chlorinatorpro

In The Industry
Feb 16, 2016
CA
Just installed a brand new OEM Hayward AquaRite board r1.59 with a new Hayward display board . Have a T-15 cell installed and the cell setting is T-15 as well. On the diagnostic menu the product setting is stuck at AL-7 and cannot not be advanced to another setting. I know AquaTrol has an AL-7 setting but have never heard of AquaRite having that setting. It should only go up to AL-5. Also cannot reset average salt level as the current limiter relay never clicks.

What to do? Is it just a bad board that needs to be exchanged?

I'm pretty sure that there is a way to reset it, but I don't know exactly how.

This happens sometimes with spurious inputs from a loose display board.

You could try contacting Hayward to see if they will tell you.

You could try random switch and button combinations to see if it will change, but that risks causing unknown problems.

I would just replace the board under warranty.

Just installed a brand new OEM Hayward AquaRite board r1.59 with a new Hayward display board . Have a T-15 cell installed and the cell setting is T-15 as well. On the diagnostic menu the product setting is stuck at AL-7 and cannot not be advanced to another setting. I know AquaTrol has an AL-7 setting but have never heard of AquaRite having that setting. It should only go up to AL-5. Also cannot reset average salt level as the current limiter relay never clicks.

What to do? Is it just a bad board that needs to be exchanged?
Also if you may have noticed, the No Flow led stays on ignoring the flow sw stats. Dunno where you source the OEM pcb but my take is, at some point the logic controller was powered on below the 4.0 vdc threshold. As a result, the firmware (not the r1.59 software) got corrupted or eeprom data is loss. The hayward glx-pcb-xxxx is likely to lose the eeprom stored data if power is applied to the pcb without the U13 chip in place and/or perhaps U13 bad solder. I don't know a quick fix other than re-flashing the eeprom (U4).
But as JamesW suggested, replace the bd under warranty.

Yeah I think you're right about the no flow. I got mixed up with a Aquatrol bd on hand whereby, the Alarm setting is limited to AL-0 to AL-5 and won't go AL-7.
Reprogramming the eeprom data fixed it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.