Aquarite - Low salt reported

kolcun

Silver Supporter
Apr 12, 2015
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Hi All,

My Auqarite SWG was working fine for most of this summer. I checked this weekend, and noticed that I was seeing the issue where the power light was not illuminated, and the generate light would be sporadic. At this point chlorine in the pool was very low. After some reading of the forums, the thermistor was broken - I opened the system up and replaced the broken thermistor with the same model (AS32 2R025)

Running the system after the thermistor replacement and now I see check salt / inspect cell showing within a few minutes of cycling from Off->Auto.

Any suggestions on what I should try next?
Thank you!

Current diagnostic readings (after cycling from Off->Auto)
25.5 (and climbing)
1.02 (and dropping)
63P
-900 (starts about 3200 and quickly drops)
AL-1
r1.58
t-9

I do not believe the pool to actually be low in salt
- tested today via a aquacheck salt test strip is showing at least 2800ppm

Cell Size: T-9
Cell Serial Number: 3E1005-2055603
Cell Age: Unsure, at least 5 years (moved into house)
Runtime: 5 months per year, 10 hours per day, usually 40-50% setting

Thanks for the reply. My one concern is the fact that things seemed to be working fine prior to the thermistor breaking, and being replaced.
It was a new part from digikey, and I'm confident in my soldering skills - so pretty sure the replacement was successful.

is it possible that the degrading cell was the cause of the thermistor failing?
Is it worth cleaning the cell?
Is it worth having the cell tested at the pool store?

It's a 9 year old cell. So, it's way past it's expected lifetime. It certainly can't hurt to clean it if you want to see if it makes any difference.

You can take it in to have it checked if you want to confirm that it's bad.

If the voltage is between 30 and 32 and steady when the switch is in the off position, then I think that the cell is probably bad.

I checked it while it was in the off position, cell voltage was 32.2. I checked 3 times over about 1.5 hours - always the same value.

At that point I put it back to auto mode, and it seemed to be working again. Ran it for a few hours before turning off for the night.
I turned it back on again this morning, it's again working as expected (power + generate light on)

Diagnostic values are
65P
AL-1
r1.58
T-9

It still seems like something's not right though, with the instant salinity of -900, but for whatever reason it's not kicking to Check Salt / Inspect Cell mode

Appreciate your thoughts on this.
Thanks

Just looked at the diagnostics again. Instant salt reading is back up - so it definitely seems like the cell is wonky.

I'm able to get a generic version of the T-15 for a significant discount over the original. I think I'll go that route unless there is a strong reason to go with the original.

65p
Al-1
R1.58
T-9

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.