Aquarite generating cycle time

Jul 5, 2008
Suwanee, GA
If I understand correctly, the aquarite generating cycles on and off.

I have mine set at 50% and it is generating 20 seconds and then off for 70 seconds and repeats.

Is the cycle time correct?

The reason I am asking is that the SWG cannot seem to get the chlorine level above zero. I have had some algae, but have added chlorine bleach to shock.

dbennett said:
If I understand correctly, the aquarite generating cycles on and off.

I have mine set at 50% and it is generating 20 seconds and then off for 70 seconds and repeats.

Is the cycle time correct?

The reason I am asking is that the SWG cannot seem to get the chlorine level above zero. I have had some algae, but have added chlorine bleach to shock.

Hi dbennett
Before everyone jumps in here and asks you need to post your water readings as well as the size and type of pool you have. Then they can give you a good idea how to solve your problems.
FC Free Chlorine
TC Total Chlorine
pH
Alk Alkalinity
CA Hardness
CYA

While we are waiting I will say that you need to totally remove the algea before moving onto other subjects like Chlorine.

As long as Iggy asked for some more info (very necessary info!) I'll ask a couple of clarifying questions -- Is your filter clean and the waterflow normal? Are any of the LEDs on the unit flashing? Have you checked the 'diagnostics" (little black button next to the display - tell me what it says for each button push while the unit is producing - the easy way to keep the unit generating is to switch to 'superchlorinate' while running the diagnostics).

What you describe doesn't sound right, but the info that Iggy and I asked for may help us figure out what's going on :)

The run times on that generator are based on a 100-minute cycle. So, if you've set it to 50%, it will run for 50 minutes and then rest the remaining 50 minutes. There is one on and off per 100 minute cycle.

dbennett said:
Sorry for the missing info
FC - 3.16, TC - 3.7, PH - 7.6, TA - 137, CH - 179, CYA - 76
The Aqualink RS light is on all of the time and the power and generating lights come on for twenty seconds and then off for 70 seconds

All the water numbers look within specs for your SWG. The Aqualink RS panel has something going on with the short cycle time.

Is the water temp very high or low? This may cause the temp sensor in the Cell to shut down
or
your flow switch may have gone bad and the panel shuts down the cell because of no water flow.
Either way you should get some type of trouble light.

What happens if you switch from just ON to Super Chlorinate postion?

Hi dbennett,

Welcome to the forum :-D

Please add all your pool and equipment info in your signature. Also adding your city and state in your profile will be helpful. You can do these thru the User Control Panel located top left, under the TFP logo.

I know you are here about your SWG cycle time, but your TA looks a little out of whack . Here is a link to "Water Balance Tips for SWG's by Waterbear":

category/pool-school/water_balance_saltwater_generator

This info and much more is found in Pool School. Link at top of each page in sub-heading and in my sig.

We have a dedicated group of members always ready to help, so feel free to ask all your questions.

dbennett said:
The temp is 82 degrees.

None of the other lights are on.
When is switch to superchlorinate, the same thing occurs.
On my Aqualink RS4 controller in the house, it does say Check Aqualink.

The only thing that you have control over is taking the cell off and inspecting it for calcium buildup.
Have you ever cleaned the cell?
If it has scale you will need to clean it as per instructions in the book.

After reinstalling if you still have the issues I would contact the builder if it is still under warrentee.

Iggy

The intereting tidbit I just caught was that
The Aqualink RS light is on all of the time and the power and generating lights come on for twenty seconds and then off for 70 seconds
The power light should be lit all the time that the pump is running - this leads me to suspect an electrical matter - the unit isn't getting the power it needs or the power is intermittent (wasn't there a post here last week about a bad common ground going into the house? - I'm not very electrically knowledgeable, so maybe my thoughts make no sense)

FWIW :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
dbennett

JUST INFORMATION for a Aquarite SWG Panel Goldline/Hayward

I did a little checking on my panel. I turned off my power and removed the two screw and removed the panel.
Insure all the wires are attached snuggly from the flow switch and the main cell plug.

The next thing I would do if you have a multimeter/volt meter is to check the 20 amp yellow car fuse in the lower right hand corner of the panel. This fuse is the output from the rectified DC power from the transformer. You need to check this fuse if it is blown. If it is it is telling you you had a short on the motherboard or the cell itself. At this point you need a professional to check and replace the item that is bad.
I also noticed when I checked my panel it has a small cooling fan at the top of the box behind the white plate. This also could be bad and cause the fuse to blow.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.