Aquarite display needs resetting daily

Apr 22, 2016
Niagara Falls, ny
Hello! I need some help please! At beginning of season I replaced the salt cell and all was good. A month later the display board showed a very low, inaccurate salt level. I reset the cupboard and all was good for the day. I have a timer in the pump, so it turned off...12 hours later when turned back on reading again off and needed resetting. Day 3, display says 'cold', yet water is 85. Reset again, runs for the day...day 4, reads 'cold' again. Have inspected and cleaned cell...no clue what else to check. Help!

Sometimes it's just the connection between the display circuit board and the main board. Often if you just remove the display board and put it back in place, that will do the trick. If you have any spray electronic cleaner you can spray the contacts that may help. Good luck.

I've been having a similar problem, whereby every time the SWG takes a salt reading while the pump is NOT running, it gets a low reading, and then it never recovers until I manually reset it. Then, it's fine until the pump turns off again via the timer. So, every day, I have to go out and reset it, or else it won't generate any chlorine until I do. It's not just a display problem in my case.

I had cleaned the cell very thoroughly, and the Hayward technician swapped in a new cell to rule it out, and then replaced the board via Hayward warranty. It's still an issue though. So, I figured I would ask y'all for your advice. Should the unit recover from low salt readings? Could it have something to do with the way it was installed?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide!

The SWG should never be on when the pump is not running. That is a dangerous situation. If your pump is controlled by a timer, the salt water generator should get its power through that same timer.

The SWG should never be on when the pump is not running. That is a dangerous situation. If your pump is controlled by a timer, the salt water generator should get its power through that same timer.

I was just looking at the installation guide, and I believe you have identified my problem. Time to get the installer on the phone. Thank you!

Update: Hayward also confirmed what you have stated.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.