AquaRite controller does not remember the T cell setting

logart

Sep 30, 2022
Tampa, Florida
I have an old AquaRite w/ a brand new T-3 cell. When I use the diagnostic button to set the cell type from the default T-15 to T-3 it only remembers it as long as the pump timer is on. As soon as the pump timer shuts off it forgets the T-3 and the next morning it will be back to T-15 again. Is there some sort of battery on the board? I could not find one.

Display Showing Incorrect Characters or Settings Randomly Change​

Most likely the display board is not making secure contact with the pins. Reseat the board:
  • Turn off power.
  • Remove display.
  • Reinstall the small display board. It snaps in place on plastic standoff pins. You have to align the metal connection wires into the correct holes in the board.
  • Check all diagnostics.
Check to make sure that the T-Cell type is correct in diagnostics. When the pins don't make good contact, the settings randomly change and the screen can get jumbled. If the T-cell type gets on the wrong setting, the salt reading will be wrong.

The Display Board (GLX-PCB-DSP) for the Hayward AquaRite will occasionally fail. Most of the time this is due to an electrical surge. You can find a YouTube video from InyoPools to provide a guide on how to replace the GLX-PCB-DSP - "How To: Replace an AquaRite Display PCB"

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.