Aquarest pump upgrade

Frank R.

Aug 30, 2021
NEPA
I recently took delivery of an Aquarest Daydream 4500 spa. I know that this is a bargain tub and I did not have very high expectations. For the most part it's OK, pretty much what I was expecting - but the 1 issue I have with it is that the flow from the jets is very weak. I have a few questions:
1. Would upgrading to a stronger pump improve the flow?
2. Will the plumbing in this tub hold up to a stronger pump?
3. If so, can anyone recommend a suitable upgrade?

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
1) Maybe.
2) The plumbing may be fine, but it might burn up the pump. That would be my main concern, though plumbing damage is possible.
3) Can you post some pics of the pump and manifolds (where the small jet pipes come together)?

My apologies for the delayed response - life jumped in the way for a week or so. Here are photos of everything that I was able to see. There seems to be room for a larger pump body. Unfortunately, I was unable to get pics of any of the plumbing - even with the skirting completely removed, the foam insulation obscures all except what is in the pics posted. With regards to the "3.0 HPR" rating, the manufacturer states the following on their website "*HPR denotes High Performance Rated. Actual continuous duty horsepower varies depending on model. Consult manufacturer for more details". A quick search on the model # of the pump yielded no results.

At this point, I have about 3 weeks to make a decision on returning the tub or trying to make it passable. I appreciate any input.

IMG_20210907_192231443.jpg
IMG_20210907_192237696.jpgIMG_20210907_192354821.jpg

I'm thinking return it, if you want to enjoy a hot tub get a better one, but that's me. I did the same at the beginning of the year and returned an Artesian tub due to problems and lack of performance, and I am SO GLAD I did!! I do not have to live with a sub-standard tub now.

Thank you for your response - I guess it's time to send it back.

Just for my own curiosity, if the pump is the strongest that the setup can use, what accounts for the lack of pressure? Please know that I am not questioning your answer, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.

Thank you for your response - I guess it's time to send it back.

Just for my own curiosity, if the pump is the strongest that the setup can use, what accounts for the lack of pressure? Please know that I am not questioning your answer, I'm just trying to wrap my head around this.
RD would be better to answer this, but I'm thinking small ish pump and small ish plumbing both contribute to the lack of pressure. I have two pumps in my tub and I think 2 inch piping.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So...I called the seller and requested to return the tub. They have issued a full refund, and told me they will not be coming to pick up the tub - that I can keep, donate or dispose of it.
I think that pretty much answers the quality question. Put it on Craigslist cheap, someone out there will be happy to replace their inflatable chinese pos with that high power (to them) spa. Clear the way for your next one.

Reactions: A.O.
It's already posted. The reviews of the tub were quite positive, so I guess most people were OK with it. Between the refund and what I can get for the one I have, I should be well on my way to something we like much better. Thank you for all of your input.

Reactions: A.O.
Yeah, if you've only ever tried a bathtub "spa" or POS soft tub or inflatable, that puppy is NICE. It's all about perspective. I have had many customers who love their low-end spas, and pay to fix them, while others are as unhappy as you about much better spas. That's why my responses to "Is this a good spa?" questions are so wishy-washy. If you like it, then it's a good spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.