AquaPure1400 stuck on code 170 with flow sensor disconnected, front board?

kenf3

Jun 27, 2020
Dallas, TX
The display is stuck on 170, it boots up showing 170 and never changes - pressing salinity/temp buttons does nothing. I disconnected the temp sensor and it still shows 170. Can't run front board tests because display is always showing 170.

This problem just started after our fence was pressure-washed prior to staining. My current theory is that water was blasted into the sides of the AquaPure1400 housing (cracked around the 4 screws) causing something to short on the front board. Close visual inspection of the front board didn't uncover any burned components.

Any other theories for a stuck 170 display?

Welcome to TFP!

Are you comfortable checking voltages on the board?

You need to check the transformer voltage to make sure it is in range. The troubleshooting guide states that your problem is either with the transformer or PIB.

If you google Jandy AquaPure Workbook you will find a troubleshooting guide that will allow you to pinpoint the issue.

Transformer voltages look good ...
1-8 = 79 VAC
2-7 = 70 VAC
3-6 = 21 VAC

My AquaPure1400 system does not have a PIB, only a back PCB (which I replaced last month because I was getting 171+189 / 171+190 codes) and a front PCB.

Make sure the incoming voltage is correct, either 230V or 115V.

If the incoming voltage is good, remove the flow sensor from the front board and check to see if the 170 code goes away. If it does go away then you need a new sensor, if the 170 code remains you need to replace the front board.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.