Greenfield, MA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
I noticed this morning that my aquapure system was throwing code 123, and upon checking the cord connection, I found this:
03D21735-F3CF-4944-98DF-8AA7773D6175.jpeg
I’m assuming of course I need to replace the cord, but I’m really bummed because I just replaced the cell earlier this summer - and they’re not cheap, as y’all know!

The chlorine production has actually been pretty high lately so it isn’t affecting the function afaik but I obviously don’t want to keep running it with a power connection that looks like that. It’s just odd.

Here are my questions:

1. Is there any hope of salvaging the cell?

2. We will be closing the pool in about a month - does it make sense to turn the SWG off now, replace the cord at the beginning of next season and just use liquid chlorine for the rest of this season?

And 3. How the heck can I prevent this happening again?
It was pretty shocking to pull the plug off to find this as I naively thought since replacing the cell that I had a bit of time before I had to worry about it!

Thank you!

That is a common failure in that system. The cord should always be replaced with the cell.

The cell cannot be salvaged. Replace the cord and cell.

Thank you.
I was afraid of that. I guess I missed that guidance - there's such a learning curve with inheriting a pool with a house!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.