AquaPure plus iAqualink - Questions

foozed,

Most of us are fellow pool owners who want to try to help you. JamesW is literally an Expert. There is almost no one else on this site who knows the stuff he knows. You should report back (with screenshots) on his question regarding- can you change the percent input? Make sure you exit that screen and come back to see that it holds what you think you changed it to (e.g. from 40% to 20%). And program a non-zero value for the Spa on the Aquapure page of iAqualink, so that we know the 0% on the Status screen is not coming from spa mode.

foozed,

Most of us are fellow pool owners who want to try to help you. JamesW is literally an Expert. There is almost no one else on this site who knows the stuff he knows. You should report back (with screenshots) on his question regarding- can you change the percent input? Make sure you exit that screen and come back to see that it holds what you think you changed it to (e.g. from 40% to 20%). And program a non-zero value for the Spa on the Aquapure page of iAqualink, so that we know the 0% on the Status screen is not coming from spa mode.

Thank you Dodger and I fully appreciate everyone’s time and help.

Perhaps it’s not been conveyed clearly across the multiple replies, but I felt I had provided all of the information James was inquiring about across my posts but here is again.
I’ve jus run through everything again with time stamped pictures.

Present status
4bGB6Q7.png

Setting to a different number.
XWPCdVZ.png

1d3oAvs.png

Spa mode won’t retain any number I enter and “enter”. Spa mode is not configured anywhere and I confirm the pool is not in spa mode.

Confirming
RMUl5il.png

Xn1mwbQ.png

I think you need to set it in the iAqualink interface, not on the panel.

swcg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

When you enter that number are you hitting "enter"?

- - - Updated - - -

swcg2.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

FYI: Once you change the # on the iAqualink interface and hit "enter", you will hear a "beep" come from the actual panel confirming it got the input.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I note in your picture above the "Spa" is highlighted and not "Pool". Make sure you select "Pool".

I think you need to set it in the iAqualink interface, not on the panel.

View attachment 82419

- - - Updated - - -

When you enter that number are you hitting "enter"?

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 82423

- - - Updated - - -

FYI: Once you change the # on the iAqualink interface and hit "enter", you will hear a "beep" come from the actual panel confirming it got the input.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I note in your picture above the "Spa" is highlighted and not "Pool". Make sure you select "Pool".

Hello - that i am setting it from iaqualink (the screen shots are iaqualink, no? It's entirely possible I'm calling these things out incorrectly). Yes, I hit the "ENTER" button in the lower right corner each time. Iaqualink retains any number I type, confirmed by coming back to the screen after exiting out to menu. The panel never beeps when I press "ENTER".

The tan physical panel itself doesn't allow me to enter anything at all - it always says JA (which I understand means the AquaPure is controlled by the aqualink) - right?

The picture of the Spa being highlighted was just my series showing where I try to enter a number in for Spa, but N/A only shows in the iaqualink after hitting "enter" in the lower right.

Reactions: BrunoLG
Call Jandy they are very good. Phone: (800) 822-7933. Press the buttons for an iAqualink issue that is the best support group.

Make sure there is a good connection between your multiplexer board and the main board. Should be a 4 wire connection between those 2.

Make sure there is a good connection between your multiplexer board and the main board. Should be a 4 wire connection between those 2.
Wow - thanks! Called Jandy and within 60 seconds he recognized I have no water temp sensor on the aqualink (my builder forgot to install one).
He said this is required for the aquapure to turn on. I let him know that I can press the TEMPerature button on the panel and get a reading from the aquapure sensor, and he said thats all good but it still needs to see a temp from the aqualink.
I've read a few posts and watched videos on how to install one so I'll go ahead and buy one from Amazon and get it wired in.

gq7VIL7.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Pool temp open means your temperature gauge is not working or not connected. I had to do mine myself the PB was incompetent. I am not sure this is related to the Aquapure not working but could be.

Funny, back in post #10, I started to type that you seemed to only have one temp sensor plugged into that green 10-pin connector at the bottom of the 1st pic. It's sitting in slots 7 & 8 (air/freeze temp sensor). The other one (water temp) should plug into slots 5 & 6. But I deleted those words because I thought it might be getting off topic. I hope that turns out to be the solution!

FYI: I remember my SWCG unit lost connection to the iAqualink once during a power blip. I turned all the circuits off and back on and it came back and worked. Have you tried power cycling everything?

If you go to the box and put it in Service mode, can you set the percentage at the box? If not, I suspect that the display board or main board are bad or the connection between them is not secure.

I don't think that the temperature sensor is the issue. Boost works, so if the temperature sensor needed to be installed for the cell to work, Boost wouldn't work. And, it wouldn't affect your ability to set the percentage.

I don't think that it's the 4-wire communication since boost works.

I suspect that there is an issue with the main board or display board.

You can move the air temperature wires to the water temperature connections to see if that works by giving it a temperature input.

I would suggest that you turn off power and disconnect and reconnect the ribbon wire going from the back board to the display board at both ends.

If that doesn't work, I would suggest a warranty claim directly with Jandy/Zodiac. Tell them that you're not dealing with the builder and they should assign a different service center the case.

MENU/HELP > SYSTEM SETUP > VAR SPEED PUMP > SELECT MODEL >SELECT JANDY EPUMP/INTELLIFLOVS/INTFLOVF/INTELLIPRO

Check system setup to make sure that the correct pump is selected.

MENU/HELP > SYSTEM SETUP > VSP SETTINGS > SELECT
PUMP APPLICATION > SELECT PUMP1 > SELECT ITEM

Make sure that the pump application is set to Filtration.

Go into system setup and make that ChemLink isn't enabled. If ORP is set, it can override.

It might be the temperature sensors. I wouldn't think so, but it could be.

Well folks.... seems Jandy tech support and a few of you called it out.

It was the temperature sensor!!

How I got there.. I completely checked every copper wire connection and learned how modular everything is for easy access.
All copper wires good.

After rebooting - no joy.

I then powered down and moved the air temp wires from 7&8 to 5&6.

Powered up and immediately saw a 50 flash on the aquapure panel (which is the percentage I had programmed in aqualink).

After booting I see a real number in iAquaLink and have a solid cell on status.

I can hange it in aqualink and get a beep on the panel after hitting enter and see the correct corresponding number on the panel.

Whoooooo!!!

Thank you all.

Now I need to get the water sensor actually installed properly and and move the wires back for air.

HaLHIEg.png

9gZQxjn.png

S1gvqIg.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.