AquaPure 1400 vs Fusion Soft Nature 2

macdenewf

Oct 27, 2012
Spring, TX
Hi. Im sure this has been asked before but couldn't see it on a search.
I have a FSoft 1400 Fusion Nature 2 chorine generator and apparently it hasn't been working for a while.
I recently took over my pool chemicals from my pool builder's service ( after 10 years) and when i took my water in to be tested....turns out there was almost no salt in my pool anymore, which makes sense as i snow he was adding a couple of chlorine pucks every week.
Anyway - i cleated off the salt cell and it's pooched...a couple of the rods are completely corroded through.

Does any one know if the AquaPure 1400 is a drop in replacement for the Fusion Soft? reason i ask is there are some knockoff chlorine generators out there that are a drop in replacement for th eyaquapure 1400...but haven't seen one for the fusion soft. At 375 for the whole unit vs 600ish just to replace the salt cell..im inclined to give it a try.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Mac

Please look at following link.
If you have the Fusion Soft which has both the Nature 2 mineral cartridge and the SWCG then you can purchase the SWCG part to replace and not replace the mineral cartridge.

Yes they are the same footprint so can be swapped for each other. The cell itself is a different shape though so they are not interchangeable. You would be removing the body of your current Fusion Soft and replacing it with a AquaPure cell body (or generic replacement).

I'm going to do exactly this in the spring.

See my thread here

The cell is a consumable and usually lasts 5-7 years. Much less if your water parameters are off. They run around $500. For sure just get the cell only and don't replace the entire unit. Keep in mind there are two components to the system. The cell/vessel and the power supply. The FusionSoft and Aquapure for the most part are interchangeable on both counts.

What was on your LCD screen it should have had some error codes if you were not producing chlorine. Low salt or bad cell or something to tell you it wasn't working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.