Aqualogic will not turn on filter.

Alan323

Jun 21, 2014
Fleming/GA
Started a month ago in May. Filter prior was operating normally. Meaning pump turned on and of normal times. Investigating why pump failed to come on, I noticed day and time where incorrect. Reset time. Filter would operate manually, but did not turn off with timer. It used too. I did super chlorinate. Same thing no turn off 24 hours. Investigate is on wrong time. Now filter will not turn on. Aux will. I have no filter several days. Switch filter and aux with success to get pool filtering.

Previously replaced board and control panel two or three years ago. Most likely from eBay due to no cell issue.

Wishing for some advice to troubleshoot, or links to previous threads.

Thanks.

I have no experience but let's see if any members on the forum this morning might be able to help.

Thanks, Marty.

Additional info. Yesterday, I did some basic troubleshooting from memory and knowledge of electrical systems. Filter button will go clunk and display on. So I cycled off and did a volt check both sides of the contactors (what I call them) or control modules. Off = zero volts. On = 110 volts. Still no pump. Aux the same thing, but the pump turns on. So I connected fliter pump to Aux and it turned on. At least the pump works. I am not sure how to fully test the control module or do any other required volt or ohm checks.

One other thing I noticed. There are small black ants. Black ants stopped my well from working and also caused a power failure. I need to check that.

I didn't fully follow what you're describing. Do you have two pumps one running on the filter relay and one on the aux relay? Or do you have a single pump that is 2 speed that uses those two relays?

I didn't fully follow what you're describing. Do you have two pumps one running on the filter relay and one on the aux relay? Or do you have a single pump that is 2 speed that uses those two relays?
I have an aqualogic system with a filter pump and a spa pump. My filter pump will not turn on with the filter button. My spa pumb will turn on with aux button. Additionally the filter timer/cycle will not turn on the filter pump. I have checked the pump by moving the wires to the spa button. It works. Spa does not filter. So have green pool. Also the day and time always is another day. I reset date and time each time. My question is... how do I know what to replace. Control Panel that looks like a little clock, or the board.

@JamesW?

Note, lack of filtration does not cause a green pool. Lack of chlorine does. You could have still added chlorine (bleach) to the pool and mixed it in with a brush and prevented an algae outbreak.
I have done it when my pump went out in the AZ summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.