AquaLogic/Variable Speed Pump Wiring

lland

Sep 25, 2018
Wellington, FL
Hi all, I have an AquaLogic system (software rev. 2.95) and just purchased a Hayward VS3206VSP pump. I know the AquaLogic will only support two speeds but I'm having a little trouble figuring out how to wire the pump. I searched and read just about everything I can find but I'm still confused...

The pump installation instructions say to iwre terminal 7 and 8 on the pump to terminals 2 and 3 on the AquaLogic respectively. No issues there, but I already have a wired remote that's attached to terminals 1 - 4 on the AquaLogic system. Will this be an issue or will both the pump and wired remote work OK? Is this all of the wiring I need to use 2 speeds on the pump (I read a bunch about needing a free relay, which I have, but don't know (1) if I need it and if so (2) how to wire it to the pump).

Finally, I know I can use the Aqualogic to supply power and use the onboard pump controls to handle the timers and speeds but I'd like the pump to kick on to the higher speed when the heater (Hayward HeatPro Plus HP21404T Heat Pump) comes on. Does anyone know whether the the pump will go to the higher speed when the heater comes on if the AquaLogic is controlling the (two) speeds?

Thanks in advance.

Happy holidays to all...

LL

You can wire to the same block as the remote display.

The pump does not need to go through a relay. If you want to put it on a relay, it has to be the filter pump relay.

In configuration, you can choose the heater speed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.