Aqualink RS6 with 5 JVAs (in-floor cleaner)

luyer

Jun 29, 2017
Morgan Hill, CA
I am have a Aqualink RS6 which I am about to update with a IQ20-RS kit.

While doing some research to see what would be involved in converting this to an Aqualink RS12 to control 5 JVAs, I ran across some information that I might actually be able to just use the RS6.

I have pool/spa, pressure side cleaner, in floor cleaner and solar (as well as SWCG, heater, waterfall, etc - but those don't use JVAs - waterfall has a dedicated pump).

If I'm interpreting the information correctly, when the solar temperature sensor is installed, the in-floor cleaner option controls AUX 3, and all I need is a (very cheap, compared to the upgrade to RS12) Jandy 5254 board to control a JVA from AUX 3?

Is this correct? Does anyone else have pool/spa, pressure side cleaner, in floor cleaner and solar set up in a single RS6 or RS8?

The Jandy selection guide conveniently omits this detail and lists the maximum JVAs for a RS6 or RS8 as 4 JVAs - when it seems it can do _many_ more, and more importantly for me, can do solar and in-floor cleaner on the single power center device.

Would really appreciate if someone can confirm this will really work, thanks!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.