Aqualink RS 8 board repair.

KMShaw

Jun 19, 2018
Valencia/Ca
I had posted about a week ago about the board in my Aqualink being fried. I pulled it out and sent it to BP Electronics and he repaired it and got it back to me in a week. For $150, seems like a pretty good deal to me. Everything seems to be working fine, with the exception of one thing. He was hoping to be able to retain all the original programming, but that wasn’t possible. I have gone through and reprogrammed everything and “almost” everything is working fine.

When I put the RS8 controller in the house into spa mode, the pump shuts down, the JVA‘s turn to their appropriate positions and the pump comes back on. … Problem is, when in spa mode, the water temperature disappears from my display. It’s only showing air temperature. So, therefore my heater won’t fire up, because it doesn’t know what to do. Is this a programming issue, or do I have a new problem with my board? BTW… In pool mode, water temperature is displayed and the heater fires up with no issues at all.

Thanks in advance.

I don’t have any good ideas as to what’s going on as the water temperature sensor is the same sensor for both Pool and Spa modes.

Check DIP switch 1, position 5, this should be off. When on this switch changes the temperature display to show the solar temp, I’m not sure what happens if this switch is on?

The other thing you might try is to disable the pump lock out “PLockOut” in the system setup menu. That will keep the pump from stopping when switching modes. By default the pump stops, but if your JVA’s don’t rotate through off (water blocking) then you can let the pump run as the modes switch. It would be an interesting test to see if the temperature display then works in spa mode.

Maybe someone else will have some better ideas.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.