Aqua Rite SWG flow sensor “no flow” when pump speed low - what can I do?

May 24, 2018
NB, Canada
When I run my variable speed pump at lower rpm’s, I sometimes run into a “no flow” error on my SWG, which in past years has led to FC dropping below minimums and pool clouding up if I don’t catch it in in time.
My flow switch is plumbed immediately after my SWG with no pipe in between. 13F8814E-2441-4D50-AED9-36D2AD72EFCF.jpeg
I’ve read recommendations to have at least 12” of straight pipe before the flow sensor. I clearly don’t have that with the cell immediately before it (water flows left to right). I’m guessing this is causing turbulence in the water and may cause the switch to require more pump pressure to trip.
Do we think it’s worth the effort to redo the plumbing to try to get the sensor earlier in the loop. Maybe just after the filter but before the heat pump, salt cell, etc.
Alternatively, is there a way to modify the flow switch to be more sensitive? Perhaps bend the probe a bit so that it makes contact with less movement?

The SWCG cell counts as part of the 12". So your flow switch is installed correctly. You need to run your VS pump at higher rpm to close the flow switch. Also be sure the filter is clean. Remember to clean the filter when your filter pressure rises by 25% over clean pressure.

Do an Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. I suspect if your pool water has been cloudy, you may need to follow the SLAM Process

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.