Aqua Rite SWG acting strange

Sep 30, 2012
Cypress, TX
Anyone know what is going on when SWG is reading 4600 when salt level test at pool store shows 3200? I can't get it to reset close to this number. I replaced the salt cell 2 years ago. I cleaned the filters yesterday and the cell was clean. Any ideas?

Probably the cell type got changed from the correct type to a smaller type.

Go to the diagnostic readings and check the cell size and change it to the correct size if necessary.

This can happen if the display board is loose.

If the settings are randomly changing, remove and reinstall the display board.

Last edited:
Reactions: jfcrump
Erratic setting changes are usually due to the display board not making good contact with the pins from the back main board.

If you remove and reinstall the display board, that will usually reestablish good contact and minimize any further problems.

27.1 volts is a little bit high for a T-15 cell.

The normal voltage when the cell is off is usually 30 to 32 volts dc.

The voltage drops when the cell is on depending on the amperage. The higher the amperage, the more voltage drop.

For a T-3 or T-5, 27 to 28 volts is normal. A T-9 will usually have a voltage in the 25 to 26 range and a T-15 will usually have a voltage in the 24 to 26 range.

What cell do you have?

Last edited:
Ok, it's a little bit high. Your house voltage is probably running a little bit high.

If you're getting voltage surges, that might affect the settings.

It's probably nothing, but if your other electrical equipment begins acting strangely, it might be worthwhile to get it checked out.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.