Jun 11, 2017
Cedar creek tx
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I have an Aquarite Goldline Chlorine generator, when I go to find the parts and documents Hayward requests a model number. It starts out AQR with some additional digits. Does anyone know how to determine which model I have? I called Hayward and they have gotten rid of technical support sent it out to the field. I do not have a relationship with the local field rep.

I likely have the failed Thermistor problem that is all over TFP but prefer to order a new PCB (hoping the new design will improve this inherent problem). I use a local pool supply place for parts and want to make sure I am requesting the correct part, but it seems to me the model number of my AQR might matter?

I am intending to pick up part GLX-PCB-RITE, but not sure if there are any goldline models that would not work with this part.

Thanks so much for your help
Jan

What are the diagnostic readings?

The model number is on the inside of the door. It should be something like AQ-RITE.

It's right by the barcode.

There's also a serial number. What are the first 7 characters of the box serial number?

What cell do you have?

What are the first 7 characters of the cell serial number?

Why do you think that the thermistor is bad?

Thanks James. The power light does not come on and on start up after the flow switch engages, it goes to generating for about 3 seconds then off, salt readings remain at 0.0. From watching the video this is exactly the sequence when the Thermistor is out
the diagnostic readings are
99p
AL-1
r1.4
It does in fact say AQ-RITE next to the registration numbers. I attached the model numbers I found on the Hayward site. My model number begins with 5A0607. Thanks for clarifying for me.
Turbo Cell T-cell-15 3E16295. I replaced the cell 2 years ago when I got home from a vacation with a green pool

I noticed the beginnings of green on step sides and tested chlorine at zero...went to unit to find I am not generating chlorine. Adding 12.5% chlorine now to maintain pool filtering 24/7. Thinking a new board is my best bet.

Thank you

Attachments

• aqua_rite_Models.png
    aqua_rite_Models.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
The zero voltage points to a bad thermistor. If you want to replace the circuit board, GLX-PCB-RITE should work for you.

Check the 20 amp yellow fuse before you replace the board.

Last edited:
The 20 amp is good. The board has instructions for a change in wiring, do you know anything about it? Also should the AL be set at 1? I wish I knew which manual I should be looking at. Thats what sucks with Hayward stopping support. I don't see a manual for a Model AQ-Rite. Attached is the list of their models and manuals

Attachments

• aqua_rite_Models.png
    aqua_rite_Models.png
    21.4 KB · Views: 9

AL-0 is AquaRite
AL-1 NatureSoft
AL-2 MineralSprings
AL-3 SmartPure
AL-4 This changes the default display from average salt to percent output.
AL-5 This is used with Jandy automation
AL-6 Aquatroll regular.
AL-7 Aquatrol RJ (Return Jet. No flow switch)
AL-8 Unknown purpose. Seems to disable the unit.

AL-0, AL-1, AL-2 and AL-3 only designate the name and should not affect the function. You can change it to AL-0 if you want, but it shouldn't matter.

The wiring diagram for power input is on the inside of the door.

I replaced the board and it is remaining on AL-7 which means I am not generating or registering the flow switch. I try to change it and nothing moves. The wiring was nothing different than what was already there.

I just had a SwimPure Extreme installed and there was something wrong with how the rectifiers were wired, so double check that. When it was pulling any power the box was humming like crazy, indicating that the rectifiers were probably hooked up backwards and delivering 'half-wave' rectified power. The installer caught it immediately and fixed it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
YUP this time I was able to speak to someone in Hayward customer support and the model number was correct but they indicated the unit firmware was flashed for aquatrol. Got the new unit installed and I am back in biz. There was nothing unusual about the wiring and the spec sheet shows 092412A Rev B. The original board is Goldline PN: 066012C-1, the replacement board is Rev 1.59 (replacing 0006XXXX and later). Hope these tidbits help someone. It's an easy install. Thanks for the help James

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.