Aqua Rite 2004 Vintage Not Generating And Odd Readouts

kenmacboston

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 14, 2012
Haverhill, MA
Installed this unit in 2004, I am a SWG pioneer. This year the readout is not logical - I received the following results:
Pool Temp - HOT
Cell V - 30.6
Cell Current - 0
Desired Output - 72P
Instant salinity - 0
Product name- AL-4
Sware Rev - 1.3
IT DOES NOT GIVE ME A SALT PPM READING

So I pulled out the boards, cleaned them and put them back.
New results:
Pool Temp - 3.5 (I also tried to convert C to F and viceversa with no luck)
Cell V - 30.6
Cell Current - 5.1
Desired Output - 72P
Instant salinity - 0
Product name- AL-0 (Yes, this changed???)
Sware Rev - 1.3
IT DOES NOT GIVE ME A SALT PPM READING

I maintain the unit every 3 months, clean it, etc. Recently checked cell and it is operational.
Do not understand how the readouts could have changed. The readouts were OK last week. I had to add chlorinie (for the first time) to my pool yesterday as chlorine level was 0.0.
Any thoughts?

• :confused:

In the second set of diagnostics, the 3.5 would be the average salt in metric (grams per litre). The current does not match with the instant salt. With 5.1 amps, the instant salt should be good.

Try moving the switch to off and checking all diagnostics again. Then turn the unit on and check again 15 seconds after you hear the unit click on (There's a audible click when the cell is energized).

If the unit is saying Hot for temperature, then the temperature sensor is too hot or it has failed.

The 3.5 g/l sounds right. Converts to 3500 PPM. I tried to switch it to PPM using the method in the Aqua rite manual but it did not work. I don't know how it got switched from PPM to metric. Is there a way to "reset" the diagnostic to factory default to see if the unit is still operational? I'll review it again when I get home later today to see if the unit is operating. Thank you.

I tested the unit at the local pool store and it needs to be replaced. Since the unit (T-15) is not working, could that cause the readings to go bad on the control panel. I am going to buy a new T-15 AND changing the current limiter on the control panel. Please let me know if you think I need to buy an entire new unit, or do the above only.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.