Aqua Logic Problem with new T15 Cell

Jaclyn907

Jul 20, 2020
Frankfort, Illinois
Moved from here.
Hi everyone! This forum has been helpful as a new saltwater pool owner. I am having the same issues as others with my Aqua Logic system. I put in a new salt cell (T-15) and it seemed to be working fine in the beginning. For the past few weeks it is saying Salt Too High - Chlorinator Off High Salt/Amp. We had our water tested at two different pool stores and the salt water is reading at 3800. I read somewhere in another forum that someone put the hose in the skimmer to trick the reading which worked for me. It lowered the reading quickly and I registered it but shortly after, it went back to the previous reading of being too high. My current readings are:
-23.57V, -9.57A, 87 degrees and 5600 PPM. I looked at the K1 relay and it looked fine (not blacked out). Any ideas what to do next? I hate to have a pool guy come and tell us that it is the board and pay money that may be unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is your cell type set to?

Is it a Hayward T-15 cell?

Post pics of the cell.

@JamesW

The salinity is probably much higher than you think it is.

You need to be really sure about the actual salinity reading.

You need to use a K-1766 salt test kit or a calibrated meter.

Keep the cell off until you can verify the actual salinity and lower the salinity.

When is the last time you added salt?

Did you brush really well after adding the salt?

My current readings are:
-23.57V, -9.57A, 87 degrees and 5600 PPM.
The AquaLogic usually shuts down at 8.0 amps. Some versions shut off at 10 amps. If the amp reading is correct, the salinity reading is probably correct. The voltage drop matches the expected drop for the amperage. So, the amps are probably right and the salinity is probably right.

In any case, you probably need to reduce the salinity until the amperage stays below 8.0 amps.

Verify the salinity with a K-1766, but I suspect that you will find the salinity to be about what the box says.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.