Monterrey, NL, Mexico
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
As not to clog the other thread where its mentioned i would start this up.
This video is more from a sell point of view, but has information on some specs as "Not polymer based" and filter compatible as not sticky.
The product seams quite old as to not have heard of it in here(last post 2015).EZ products seam more available than revive. Not that its needed for regular TFP user, but on severely neglected pools maybe? So what you think?

Last edited:
Somewhere in the Top 10 rules of TFP is "Don't put anything in your pool unless you know what is in it". As this product is mostly comprised of "Trade Secret" it fails that.

Why would we recommend a product based solely on marketing? Do we typically take the word of a chemical manufacturer at face value? Heck no! Sounds more to me like exactly what we often preach against. We recommend products where we know the ingredients, we know what those ingredients do, we know how it will help and what possible downsides there will be, and can back up our opinion with some solid science.

Reactions: Flying Tivo
It’s highly likely that it’s aluminum clorohydrate (ACH). It’s a coagulant (flocculant) used in the processing of drinking water to reduce turbidity. It has some desirable properties and it’s very good at coagulating suspended solids (both organic and inorganic) and can even floc biological contaminants (algae).

That said, it’s still just a floc and all the normal rules apply. You must have a filter that vacuums to waste or else the floc will rapidly clog up a filter. The comment about it being “not sticky” is just a generic technical difference between flocs and clarifiers. Many people use polymeric clarifiers and those will eventually gum up a filter. Flocs and coagulants are always vacuumed out to avoid loading up the filter. So it’s really just a bit of marketing hype.

There’s nothing terribly superior about this product. Following the SLAM procedure on TFP will work just fine. This product seems to be designed to appeal to those who are too impatient to listen to the advice here. At $40 a bottle, they’re certainly making a good profit from it.

I agree on not knowing the full specs on ingredients, but we also dont know Coca-Cola's either and quite a few drink it. ;) My intent was not to promote the product as a standard, but mainly as a last resort product on stubborn pool mainly with metals problem, algae is the easy part as we all know.

This peaked my eyes due to a very uncomfortable experience last week, as i had to get into a pool that the grout was all tainted green from copper. Best friend pool and just could not say no, i just did not dip my head below water.

Flocs and coagulants will do nothing for dissolved metal ions. A floc can help to drop suspended metal particulates such as when one adds chlorine to iron laden water. The brownish-green coloration is due to suspended iron oxide/hydroxide particles. The floc helps to coagulate them so they settle faster. Ferrous iron (Fe2+) cations are soluble in water and will not be affected by flocs. Copper as well can be very soluble in water depending on pH and would similarly be unaffected by flocculants.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.