Anyone use a temperature logger?

kevreh

Bronze Supporter
Jun 2, 2007
Annandale, VA
Thought it would be nice to be able to see a graph or chart of my pools temp over time, readable with an app and ideally via wifi. There’s some Bluetooth ones but you have to go within a few feet to read them.

Thanks!

The inkbird pool thermometer combined with the inkbird wifi hub will do just that. But my inkbird thermometer died after just a few months. They're not very water proof.

The inkbird pool thermometer combined with the inkbird wifi hub will do just that. But my inkbird thermometer died after just a few months. They're not very water proof.
For what it’s worth, my inkbird thermometer is on its second summer and still ticking. I even left it in the (frozen) pool all winter.

I use energizer lithium batteries for longer life and reduced leak/corrosion risk. I did notice a small amount of moisture inside last time I changed the batteries. I’ve added a couple silica gel / desiccant packs (like from a medicine bottle) to see if that will help keep the moisture down.

I haven’t gotten the Wi-Fi hub yet, but I’ve been tempted to do so.

That inkbird might be a good option. I like the floating temp probe. Need to look closer at the app to see if it charts temp data over time. It says it stores the data, just not sure if it provides the info in a chart or something.

Reactions: magiteck
I started using an Inkbird this summer (Aussie summer that is). It's pretty good, but I also had issues with water getting in. First opened it when the batteries died, and saw why the batteries had died so soon. Batteries and water don't mix well.

I suspected that water might come through from the bottom, where the thermocouple couple with cables comes in. I filled the the bottom with a good blob of silicone to improve the sealing. I just got it out of the water again after two months or so and opened it, and it was completely dry on the inside. The silicone blob seems to have done it's job.

Just put it back into the pool, and also added two little desiccant sachets for additional peace of mind - great suggestion. Thanks to I don't know how many Covid-RATs for school testing, we have quite a collection of them now - I knew they'd come in handy at some point.

Reactions: magiteck
Reactions: IceShadow
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.