Anyone put an umbrella holder and bubblers in the tanning ledge of a fiberglass pool?

Wadeod

Jul 23, 2017
Granger, In
Live in the midwest and getting new fiberglass pool. Builder doesn't think its a good idea to put an umbrella holder directly into the pool on the tanning ledge. Instead he thinks I should just drag in a base full of water and use it as he was concerned how the water in the umbrella hole would circulate and dirt/debris would get in there too. What do you guys think?

I have a fiberglass pool an there is NO way in the world I would cut in to the shell to install holders as you desire. That is a disaster in the making IMO. While it would seem to be a small bit of damage to the integrity, that area is in fact often one that folks have fretted over the under fill of the pool shifting. My pool builder used stone entirely as my fill around and under the pool shell, others have sand. I would NOT want to risk leaking water constantly exposed under there.

Don't forget to ask your installer if you need a well point to sump water out under your pool if needed? Mine is a large (maybe 8-10" round PVC) near the skimmer. It looks like another skimmer plate actually, but its used to observe and drain for water under the shell if ever necessary. Thankfully its never been! <whew!>

My two cents.

Maddie :flower:

Yeah, I guess I will go with the Ledge Lounger and its side table that holds an umbrella. I was concerned with the integrity of cutting a hole in the fiberglass. Just figured they did that when they install bubblers and lights too though. Would you not recommend a bubbler?

If they are installing a cut in the factory, I'm *assuming* they have figured out a way to keep said intrusion sealed and the area of the pool supported. I hope so at least, LOL!!

You cutting in to the shell after production is what I was warning against. I think placing a water filled base on the concrete decking next to the pool and having the umbrella shade the tanning ledge would be the safest bet.

I hope you'll share pics of your pool build and after? We love us some pool builds around here!!

Maddie :flower:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.