Anyone own a Hayward AG suction cleaner?

VinnyinNJ

Bronze Supporter
Jul 20, 2022
New Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Turbo Cell (T-CELL-5)
My first real test of the Hayward Penguin cleaner which is the same as Wanda the Whale, Dave the Diver and the Aquabug. Are there others? IDK!

If you own any of these my question is how do you keep them from rolling on their sides? I put it into the pool, diverted the return to point up to the surface and basically it was pushed around by the current and at times rolled onto it's side; it also didn't have the power to overcome the return's force on the hosing. I then put the return pointing down but now the force of the return basically pushed it over and blew it around. My last pool cleaner was an EZ Vac and had a similar issue with the return pushing it along but the suction kept it stuck to the bottom. I used the suction gauge that came with it last year when setting it up and it does ride above the floor slightly so the suction doesn't hold it onto the floor. Any thoughts?

Thanks for replying @kimkat! It seems that the pressure from the return is playing havoc with the penguin cleaner. When it was uprite it seemed to do the job but whenever it got hit with a stream of water it blew over. I think the pressure coming from the new filter is much more than my previous filter.

I need to play around a bit with the return to see if there is a position where it doesn't interfere with the cleaner. I just figured what not ask!

Thanks again!

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.