Anyone know the deal with Blue Works?

I recently ordered one from “jumpinpool” on Amazon. While waiting for it to arrive, I looked around online and noticed that their website, Blueworks, is down.

I was still able to find and download a copy of the user manual (thank you internet) to prepare for the install. It had EST hours listed, an 800 number, etc.

However, the unit I just received from Amazon has a slightly different manual with a few updates, namely no 800 number and a .cn email address as the only support contact.

I’m a little nervous about what I bought and am considering returning it to Amazon while I still can.

Does anyone know the BlueWorks story? Did they go out of business? Shut down their US office? Did someone buy out their leftover inventory?

I wrote to the .cn email address and asked these questions but only received broken english reassurances that they will honor the warranty.

I recently ordered one from “jumpinpool” on Amazon. While waiting for it to arrive, I looked around online and noticed that their website, Blueworks, is down.

I was still able to find and download a copy of the user manual (thank you internet) to prepare for the install. It had EST hours listed, an 800 number, etc.

However, the unit I just received from Amazon has a slightly different manual with a few updates, namely no 800 number and a .cn email address as the only support contact.

I’m a little nervous about what I bought and am considering returning it to Amazon while I still can.

Does anyone know the BlueWorks story? Did they go out of business? Shut down their US office? Did someone buy out their leftover inventory?

I wrote to the .cn email address and asked these questions but only received broken english reassurances that they will honor the warranty.
If you didn’t get one rated for at least twice your pool size, return it if you can.

See here for some feedback:

The system appears to be a Hayward knock off produced overseas and marketed in the US under a variety of different brand names (Calimar, XtremePowerUS, Excel etc).
interesting link. i didn’t pay much more than that on amazon with a prime day discount.

I’m mainly curious as to the change in support (no more website, no 800#) and if that means that they got bought out or something.

Based on previous threads going back as far as 2017, no one seems to have ever had a stellar experience with them.

Considering the low cost, I’m inclined to keep it as my intro to the world of chlorine generation.

I can't say with 100% certainty that the unit you purchased is the same as the others I mentioned. However, there are many happy users of those units around. If you got a good deal on it, and you're not concerned about warranty, there's nothing wrong with keeping it. There are many different brands of replacement cells that should work with that system. Take a look at the Wiki page for the Hayward system. You may see similarities between your unit and the Hayward.

Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading

Last edited:
I can't say with 100% certainty that the unit you purchased is the same as the others I mentioned. However, there are many happy users of those units around. If you got a good deal on it, and you're not concerned about warranty, there's nothing wrong with keeping it. There are many different brands of replacement cells that should work with that system. Take a look at the Wiki page for the Hayward system. You may see similarities between your unit and the Hayward.

Hayward Aquarite SWG - Further Reading system.
That’s a great suggestion. Thanks. I hadn’t come across that section of the site. TFP has it all :)

If you got a good deal and are comfortable the device being an orphan with no support and disposable when it fails then give it a try. Maybe you will win the bet on its life span.

Expect to get something else when it stops working.

Reactions: Bperry
If you got a good deal and are comfortable the device being an orphan with no support and disposable when it fails then give it a try. Maybe you will win the bet on its life span.

Expect to get something else when it stops working.
From what i just read on the Aquarite blog post above, it looks like there’s enough info available about these units to keep the control unit working, and it sounds like all the generic aqua rite and rebuilt elements will be compatible. I’m feeling a lot better than when i started this thread.

Thanks everyone for all the helpful links.

Reactions: Rancho Cost-a-Lotta
I love my Blue Works system! I purchased a BLH40 system back in March 2020 for just $773 and it has produced many, many pounds of chlorine - all without lugging tons of liquid chlorine back from the store! I am aware that it may not have the best warranty or service - but, I feel I am now way ahead on costs and it has never given me a problem.

It is time for me to purchase a new T-15 cell, but I had a question on my system version - which my system displays as "r647." Would you mind DMing me the e-mail address you have from your current documentation?

Software Version.png
Inside panel.png

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Well I did know it was made in China...

But yes, one would think I had made a mistake! Funny enough, if was more than a year after purchase that I noticed the misspelled word - the mind sees what it wants sometimes. However, the unit has been so reliable that I have only made a few adjustments along the way and never needed to really look at what the lights said. The only issue, until now, that I have ever had was turning the "check cell" light off. I had to look it up!

BTW: I contacted support - listed in my documentation ([email protected]) and they answered me right away!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.