Anyone have experience with this - Installation Questions

It comes with a 24VAC transformer. The transformer has no ground wire - the igniter (pictured above) has no ground wire.
This installation goes as such:
The transformers for the 3 fire on water bowls will be mounted in a NEMA 4 PVC enclosure. 20 Amp Breaker in an intellicenter/load center (Should it be GFI???).
Each fire bowl will have its own igniter, so from circuit breaker I will power up 3 relays
From relays to PVC enclosure to make connection to the line side of transformers. Load side will leave PVC enclosure to go to the NEMA 4 Enclosure where all my pool connections are. I will connect the load wires to the 12 gu wires going to individual fire bowl pedestals....
In Pedestals, I will make the wire connections with heat shrink epoxy but connectors - and gas connection comes from 1/2" copper feed to a 1/2" pipe I mounted on the igniter for gas input.
Now the assembly pictured above sits in water........and only the igniter is just above water. AS Such:

1589758914670.png

Do you know how big that transformer is?

Just a dumb thought, actuators work on 24VAC. Could you use one of your Intellicenter relays to just drive power directly to the ignitor and bypass their transformer? An actuator draws .75Amps so it might be enough

From the document: "automated fire 101" on fire by design website support section:

. Fire Features near a Swimming Pool or Spa (within 5’) – On January 1, 2018 the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70) 2017
Edition took effect. In this edition a paragraph was added pertaining to “Low Voltage Gas Fired Fireplaces, Firepits and
Similar Equipment” also known as “Automated Fire Features”. In previous editions automated fire features were not even
recognized so this is a big step in the right direction for automated fire features. In essence this is what the paragraph
states: You can install Electronic Ignition Fire Features close to the pool (within 5’) if you abide by the following:
1. The Electronic Ignition System must be a listed (certified) as a low voltage Ignition System
2. The power supply used to power the Ignition System must be certified for use with submersible swimming pool and
spa lights and be labeled as such.
3. The power supply must not exceed 15 VAC or 30 VDC.
4. The Power Supply Junction Box AND Gas Pipe must be bonded using 8 AWG or larger Copper Bonding Conductor.
See Attachment 1 “Excerpts from Article 680, National Electric Code 2017 Edition” to see the actual verbiage from the
National Electric Code 2017 Edition.
The AWEIS, Tiki Torches and Vulcan Fire Module are all available in a 30VDC version and come with a 30VDC Power Supply
certified for use with Submersible Swimming Pool and Spa Lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.