Anyone have experience using Omni PL Retrofit kit to replace AquaLogic PS8?

desoto

Feb 26, 2010
SoCal
My AquaLogic circuit board is no longer repairable (after 16 years and 4+ scorch marks). I'm looking to replace it with Hayward Omni PL Retrofit Kit which seems to be my least expensive option.

The AquaLogic controlled everything quite well (when it actually worked), except for the Pentair Intelliflo VS+SVRS variable speed pump. I have to manually reset pump run times at the pump (no interface) and would prefer to have it integrated.

Questions:
1. Will the Omni control the Intelliflo pump?
2. I currently have a wireless waterproof remote for the spa (Hayward Goldline AQL2-SS-RF) but am I correct in understanding that it won't work with Omni PL?
3. How was the install experience, and are you happy with the Omni?
4. Any suggestions for a better (?) automation system?
5. Did you install it yourself?

Folks put their OmniPL upgrade reports on this thread...

You may be able to control an IntelliFlo pump using the Pump Converter accessory board (HLPMPCONV). Based on the picture of the HLPMPCONV board it looks like it connects to the Omni RS-485 bus and the IntelliFlo RS-485 data port.

Hayward_HLPMPCONV_Pump_Converter_accessory_board.png

Last edited:
Update to my post: I decided to buy a new GLX-PCB-MAIN for my old AquaLogic PS-8 through PoolSupplies4Less.com They had the best price, a guarantee, and got the board to me super fast via standard shipping. I'm back in business, pool-wise, except having a communication problem between my Raypak heater and the PS-8. Have posted another thread in hopes of getting that rectified very soon, and will post the solution once it's working.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.