Anyone have both a gas heater and a heat pump?

Took a bit of searching and found https://www.pentairpartners.com/productcatalog/pdf/US2019/sec05_Heaters_2019.pdf

The UltraTemp Hybrid ETI is labeled Tradegrade. That is Pentairs indication that it is sold by dealers only.
Thanks for sharing the info. It is informative and helpful.

tbh, I was already aware of the upper bounds of each type based on research I had already done. I have been researching the topic for a while because I need to do a complete pad redo and one of the areas that continues to throw me into a loop is the heater vs HP debate. I want to extend the season but live in an area where propane is the only gas option and electric is relatively cheap (.11/kwh). So I naturally lean toward a HP. But the idea of being able to use the propane "on occasion" when a quicker heat is needed is very appealing. I have considered a dual device install but obviously the $$ gets stout.

So really, at the end of the day, what I am really interested to know, is how the real world pricing on this combined unit compares to the pricing on similarly sized "separate units". Just to have a basis for comparison.

I have the Pentair Hybrid Heater. Please note that Pentair does NOT have the propane conversion kit available, and I have not been able to get an ETA from Pentair when it will be available.

I have the Pentair Hybrid Heater. Please note that Pentair does NOT have the propane conversion kit available, and I have not been able to get an ETA from Pentair when it will be available.

So I understand you correctly: you have the hybrid heater and propane fuel so you have not been able to use the gas portion of the unit yet?

I also have propane and am intrigued by this unit but am worried about the btus. I have a 400k propane unit now and I gain 1-2 degrees per hour during the day. I'd be concerned about cutting the btus in half.

Maybe I have to suck it up and get a cover...

So I understand you correctly: you have the hybrid heater and propane fuel so you have not been able to use the gas portion of the unit yet?

I also have propane and am intrigued by this unit but am worried about the btus. I have a 400k propane unit now and I gain 1-2 degrees per hour during the day. I'd be concerned about cutting the btus in half.

Maybe I have to suck it up and get a cover...
Correct. I have only been able to use the heat pump—7 months so far.

Supposedly Pentair is finally sending out a propane conversion kit. But the people at Pentair are very confused about the hybrid heater and if the propane conversion kit is even available—different people give different answers.

You would definitely give up heating power with the hybrid vs the 400 btu. Also the heat pump btus fall when colder. But propane is very expensive to operate.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.