Anyone ever added more black to Quartzscapes French Gray?

GeauxTigerz

Gold Supporter
Nov 11, 2020
Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
So my original plan of Tropics Blue mini pebble came to a screeching halt when I found out it would double my plaster cost compared to Quartzscapes. After switching gears to Quartzscapes, French Gray seems to maintain a gray tanning ledge, which I want, while creating a nice turquoise water although a little lighter than I’d like. In theory I’d think adding an extra bag or two of Black Quartz to the batch would darken it up a bit. Anyone ever done this or any other custom Quartzscapes mix?

Here is a thread we have for this kind of thing. I don't know if anyone has done what you are thinking about though. I hope you share pics no matter what you end up with!

Here is a thread we have for this kind of thing. I don't know if anyone has done what you are thinking about though. I hope you share pics no matter what you end up with!
Thank you Kimkats! Unfortunately I didn’t see anything related to my question in that thread but there was a lot of valuable information nonetheless. I’ll be sure to post pictures once I’m finished to hopefully offer some insight to others from my experience

Reactions: kimkats
Thank you Kimkats! Unfortunately I didn’t see anything related to my question in that thread but there was a lot of valuable information nonetheless. I’ll be sure to post pictures once I’m finished to hopefully offer some insight to others from my experience
Did you end up adding a darker quartz to French Gray? We start our dig next week & considering the same.

Hey Stacey. I did! I added an extra bag of black and bag of blue to each batch. Very happy with the way it turned out! It pulls slightly more turquoise gray and a little darker than regular French Gray, which I was aiming for!

Attachments

• 25B53A72-0202-49A4-8188-2B00454ADD31.jpeg
    25B53A72-0202-49A4-8188-2B00454ADD31.jpeg
    535 KB · Views: 64
  • A63B6CDE-3E6F-4FCC-A986-244CA70B1BB9.jpeg
    A63B6CDE-3E6F-4FCC-A986-244CA70B1BB9.jpeg
    596.1 KB · Views: 65
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.