Anyone did a DIY to add low voltage lighting to iAqualink?

ciaka

Jun 10, 2020
Austin, TX
I have iAqualink that has ability to also control lighting around the patio. I am interested in what it would take to add the lighting as a DIY.
I think I would have to buy:
- LV transformer rated for the lights
- LV wiring
- LV lights/fixtures

Installing transformer should be easy, mount on wall near power outlet.
Next, would have to lay down wiring that would connect lights to the transformer, and connect to transformer. Should be easy too, hide under sod, etc.
Next, would have to connect lights to the wiring, so electricity from transformer can power each light. Ease, normally they cave clip in connections, water tight. Etc.
But once it is all there, how would I actually connect the lights to be controlled by iAqualink? I can't imagine it being too hard, just want to learn how to do it.
Thanks for sharing info in advance.

What model of lights do you intend to install?

Last edited:
I did this very very easy just wire an outlet to your Aqualink and control it with an unused aux port and relay. You can use the solar relay it you're not using it like I did. If you don't have an available aux port, you'll not be able to do it. Then plug your low voltage controller into that outlet. I have mine set up on the Aqualink dusk to dawn timer.

I did the same thing as @PoolGate . Piece of cake and worked great 'till a real bad lightning strike took out part of my iAqualink. After that I switched to Intellicenter and hooked it up the same way. Make sure you get a transformer that's for pools not just the right wattage.

Chris

Here's my thread.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.