Anyone add an A/C outlet inside the EasyTouch panel

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
I know there is plenty of A/C in there, but I need to add an A/C adapter inside the panel itself to power a 5VDC USB adapter. I just want to see if anyone has done it and what you used. I can easily wire in a cut up extension cord, but it would be pretty. I guess I'm looking for anyone who has done it pretty. :)
-J

I would not use a cut up extension cord. I would use some solid #14 wire.

Where you wire it to depends on how your ET is wired. Post a pic of the ET panel with the cover off showing the wiring and let us see what breakers you have.

IT would be helpful to know what equipment you have if you create your signature with the details.

When equipment installed electrician installed outlet on its own breaker. See pictures.

Attachments

• 28604ADB-47D6-42C0-9A59-3E5F8ED92AC3.jpeg
    28604ADB-47D6-42C0-9A59-3E5F8ED92AC3.jpeg
    390.4 KB · Views: 322
  • FE781538-B4D9-4BAF-A90B-69BB672E05A7.jpeg
    FE781538-B4D9-4BAF-A90B-69BB672E05A7.jpeg
    543.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 2563EC76-EF6F-47F7-9BF2-7DA789230FE9.jpeg
    2563EC76-EF6F-47F7-9BF2-7DA789230FE9.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 73
Mike looks exactly like yours Bill. I have an external outlet in the same location. I am needing something inside the panel though. I don't need help with the connection itself, I do most of my own electrical wiring. I just wanted to see if someone had an outlet on the inside of the EasyTouch panel.

Curious what you are going to use the USB adapter on the inside of your panel for?

I have one inside I did my self. Wired via a circuit to run my Stenner pump. My ET8 has the breakers in a separate box closer tho my main power panel, just the way the PB did it. You could just add another breaker or grab power from existing. FYI I just have my plug box laying on bottom of panel box.

I was working on the RS485 bus trying to connect in a Raspberry Pi to control both the pentair EasyTouch and a Hayward Aquarite SWG. I also have the protocol adapter and wireless module for the ScreenLogic. Well lazy me didn't cut the power to the system before doing some wiring on the RS485 bus and the wires for the Data- and +15V touched. All pumps shut off and I said some choice words. Luckily after some troubleshooting I determined that I didn't fry the Easytouch panel, but fried the wireless module for the ScreenLogic. So it's buy a new Pentair wireless module for $200, or use a $15 Wireless Bridge and move the protocol adapter into the panel and connect it directly to the Wifi with the bridge. The Bridge uses 5V USB for power.

Hey what's the model of the wireless bridge you're going to use? Depending on its current requirements, you can probably skip your outlet and power the bridge with a 5v regulator connected to the red/black on the comm port (which puts out 15-ish volts dc, with no load).

I'd be surprised if the bridge draws much more than the original screenlogic module. A car to usb adapter would probably do the trick and you can keep it all contained in the low-voltage section of the panel.

Reactions: MyAZPool

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
ahh ok great. the specs say they consume 1.5 watts max at 5-15 volts. That's kindof vague, but the 15v max input indicates there's already a built-in voltage regulator.

if you don't want to power it from the comm port, you could always connect a wall wart to the external weather-proof outlet and then run the wire under the panel, up the low voltage chase on the panel, and into into the low-voltage compartment.

I was working on the RS485 bus trying to connect in a Raspberry Pi to control both the pentair EasyTouch and a Hayward Aquarite SWG. I also have the protocol adapter and wireless module for the ScreenLogic. Well lazy me didn't cut the power to the system before doing some wiring on the RS485 bus and the wires for the Data- and +15V touched. All pumps shut off and I said some choice words. Luckily after some troubleshooting I determined that I didn't fry the Easytouch panel, but fried the wireless module for the ScreenLogic. So it's buy a new Pentair wireless module for $200, or use a $15 Wireless Bridge and move the protocol adapter into the panel and connect it directly to the Wifi with the bridge. The Bridge uses 5V USB for power.
The Aquarite can be controlled by the EasyTouch as is...no need to get fancy

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.