Anybody Ever Replace the Bottom Unit on a Poolvergnuegen ?

ShallowWater

May 8, 2020
Riverside, Ca
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I have an old 4-Wheel Fahrvergnuegen Pool Cleaner in which the gears are stripped. I ordered an updated lower unit for the 2-Wheel model because I don't need it to be so bulky in my small pool as I want it to be manueverable. It looks like the only difference is the drive gear and two extra wheels but the top cover is the same. Anyone done this or even just swapped out the lower unit? Doing this saves over $200 on buying a completely new unit.

BTW for the youngin's amoung us..

Fahrvergnuegen:​

Last edited:
I have successfully made the exchange of the gearset and converted it from a 4-wheel to a 2-wheel model.

The kit came with three vacuum orifice sizes and I used the biggest one but I am wondering if I should use the smallest one. Anyone know how to chose?

Last edited:
So I did a little bit of research and found the manual for the similar aquanuatics model from Hayward.

I’ve come to find out that I need to actually put in the small vacuum orifice to run it with my pumps pumps at low speed.

One thing I am noticing since my walls do not have a curvature where they join the pool, bottom but rather go vertical to horizontal with about a 2 inch radius the poolvernuegen will sometimes get stuck there until it goes into reverse mode. I’m a little concerned that this may end up stripping the gears again even though this is not necessarily the reason why they were stripped as the gears were already stripped on this unit when I picked it up used for free.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Season 1 Episode 3 GIF by Rick and Morty

Been following too, It’s an informative thread! Carry on…

Reactions: ShallowWater
So I did a little bit of research and found the manual for the similar aquanuatics model from Hayward.

I’ve come to find out that I need to actually put in the small vacuum orifice to run it with my pumps pumps at low speed.

One thing I am noticing since my walls do not have a curvature where they join the pool, bottom but rather go vertical to horizontal with about a 2 inch radius the poolvernuegen will sometimes get stuck there until it goes into reverse mode. I’m a little concerned that this may end up stripping the gears again even though this is not necessarily the reason why they were stripped as the gears were already stripped on this unit when I picked it up used for free.
Won't/shouldn't likely strip the gears, but will wear the tires sooner.

Reactions: ShallowWater
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.